Question on Details of Power Window Repair, '91 EB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on Details of Power Window Repair, '91 EB

yep u gotta drill out the rivetts to get the motor out. and at the same time pull out he window. just be carefull when u remove the motor. i used some vice-grips to hold the mechanism coz it can snap and take off a finger. and it already has for some people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll give it a try. Already drilled the access hole for the third bolt and had the motor out...but the outer gear turning threw me. She can run the A/C until next weekend. Thanks y'all.
Whatever you do, don't take off the end with 4 screws, the springs that hold the brushes on will fly off any you'll never find them :p:

Did you see the guide I linked earlier? Just follow that step by step and anybody could do it.

yep u gotta drill out the rivetts to get the motor out. and at the same time pull out he window. just be carefull when u remove the motor. i used some vice-grips to hold the mechanism coz it can snap and take off a finger. and it already has for some people.
Mine didn't have any rivets....

the drivers side on hers didn't have rivets either....and the window didn't have to come out. saw the link mehedgec...thanks:D

yipeee....the front windows work again!:thumbsup:

rears can wait for now....I'm tired of drilling holes today:)

thanks again for the info everybody:D

Back