Questions about 5 speed manual transmissions & transfer cases. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions about 5 speed manual transmissions & transfer cases.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
As a new member I been asking redundant questions about my EAWD system. Today while cleaning the interior I found a locking glovebox under the seat. And jammed under the tray were the factory owners books. It says there are 2 types of transfer cases in a Aerostar the 5 speed has a 2 speed hi/lo transfer case and the EAWD which I have. Does the 2 speed have the all wheel drive. And is it possible to install the 2 speed transfer case in a automatic like in a explorer. I know this has been asked but I searched 3 Aerostar fourms and no subject posted.

My factory owners manual says the same thing about the transfer cases offered. I can't find any info on it. The BW1354 most likely would have been the unit behind the 5 speed, it is not awd.

My manual says 2 sp transfer case with 5 speed. I'm waiting on a factory ford manual I ordered off of one of the catalog companies. The thing is stamped ford service eve date 2001 dealer replacement for printed book. The printed book there was only 1 left went for $265.00 used fair condition. This dvd windows compatible was $70.00. Maybe when it comes next week it will I lighten me because on the explorer site someone used a bronco 2 2 sp case and it gave them hi/lo. I'm not a trailblazer but I go camping a low would be good for imbankments or boat ramp for jet skis. Since I got this thing the last week my brain is in over drive. I never saw an Aerostar in Vegas until I bought my pug shuttle last week and now I saw 5.
Just rambling on I got ms and my meds sometimes gives me diarrhea of the keyboard

Back