City, State
Ada, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
So I've read 3 types of chemicals to use:

1. Electronics cleaner...don't remember the name exactly
2. Throttle Body Cleaner
3. Carburator cleaner

So what should I use? I have a can of Gumout carburator which is safe for O2 sensors which I have used before for the MAFS cleaning....so is this good or the others better? I'm going home to save my ears from the whistle....thanks for the responses.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use carb cleaner and haven't had any problems except the time when I didn't let it completely dry and it caused it to howl but it went away as soon as I dried the IAC.

Thanks, one more quick question then. The felt filter...is it in the rear of the IAC, or towards the top? I noticed in Karl's writeup the black top cap was off, but there was all this talk about black caps and after reading it many times I'm more confused. Do I take out the back end of it nearest where the electronics plugs in?

The original ones had a black cap on them but most of the aftermarket ones have a metal caps.

So the filter is up in that? Or towards the rear end?

I think I've got it figured out, I'll post again later when I do it if I have any problems. Thanks.

Back