Quick lug nut question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick lug nut question

Hey all,

Was wondering what sized lug nut I should get for these wheels? I want chrome and I'm not sure if I should pay $46 to the auctioneer for a set of chrome lug nuts / locking lugs / chrome valve stems or buy my own.

Anyway wondering what size / description lug fits that wheel on a 98' Mountaineer. A link to a set online would be great.

Thanks
-Matt

check out summit racing..... not exactly sure on the thread pitch of the Xs

Try not to go cheap on the lug nuts. I bought once a set of chrome lug nuts for $24 and I soon as I torque them on it started chipping. It only had a thin layer of chrome on it. See if you could find a stainless steel ones.

My service CD lists the following for the Lugs:

heel stud and lug nuts (in) 1/2-20-19 mm hex

Not sure exactly how to read that. I was wondering if part # FMS-M-1012-K at summit would work? Comes with 16 Lugs ( 1/2 x 20 ), 4 wheel locks, and 4 chrome valve stems.

Otherwise anybody with similar Cobra rims do you have any specs or links to what you used? I don't mind paying a little more just want to get something that works.

Also how have those of you with nice chrome rims had them balanced? The standard crimp-on weights or something special?

Just wondering does anyeone know if the Cobra-R Replica wheels use a Conical Seat lug (aka acorn seat)? I picked up a set of 1/2" Conical seat lugs w/ locks from the local auto store hoping they are the right ones.

-Matt

Back