Radio Wiring Harness Help Please?

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
So I thought I have a MACH system because of the sub in the back but i don't know which harness (http://www.metraonline.com/vfg) i need for a new HU. according to metra i need either a 70-5517 or a 70-5701. the picture of the 5517 only has two plugs versus the three plugs of the 5701, my radio has three plugs plugged into it so should i get the 5701 even though it says its the premium?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I thought I have a MACH system because of the sub in the back but i don't know which harness (http://www.metraonline.com/vfg) i need for a new HU. according to metra i need either a 70-5517 or a 70-5701. the picture of the 5517 only has two plugs versus the three plugs of the 5701, my radio has three plugs plugged into it so should i get the 5701 even though it says its the premium?

mine has 2 plugs, only one of them I have hooked up to my aftermarket deck and it works fine. Crutchfield shows thats the harnesses for the stock sub are the one that has rca plugs for the sub and then the regular harness for the deck.

Sorry I didn.t check back in, one of the plugs is that of the normal speaker stuff, one is the sub and the third is for the steering wheel controls

Sorry I didn.t check back in, one of the plugs is that of the normal speaker stuff, one is the sub and the third is for the steering wheel controls

the steering wheel control one isnt necessary unless you wanna keep your steering wheel controls with the new deck which Id guess you wanna. Sounds like youll need all three harnesses

yeah i figured i'll be speaking with a place in the morning

The decks at my moms office so I can solder the wires together but its supposed to b a kenwood ddx616

i picked up the 5517, the radio is at parents home so solder tomorrow figure out how to drop my spare, and all picture will get put online maybe a simple little build thread???

i picked up the 5517, the radio is at parents home so solder tomorrow figure out how to drop my spare, and all picture will get put online maybe a simple little build thread???

sounds good, look forward to seeing the finished product.

Im hoping before 4 to start soldering totally finished by 6

Omg itll b close race. Bet u.ll b done first hoping the steering wheel will actually auto detect and that I wont have to program

Omg itll b close race. Bet u.ll b done first hoping the steering wheel will actually auto detect and that I wont have to program

I just found out today mine is pre wired for steering wheel controls so I gotta get myself a set and wire em up

Omg but that would b cool I love that feature. Have u seen my wheel pic in the 3rd gen pics thread

Back