• Register Today It's free!

Ram air hood?

FFRICH

Reaction score
City, State
BERGEN COUNTY NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 SPORT TRAC ADRENALIN
Has anyone come across a full ram air hood for the 2010 adrenalin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think one exists. Closest is the Mustang Bullet.

I think an aftermarket hood would look pretty sweet for my 06 too, but all I can find are those cheesy plastic stick on scoops.

there arnt yet hoods for the 3rd gens, i think your a few years away, at least, for your 4th gen. though i agree, adrenalines need some scoopage!!.

I think "never" would be a better answer. I wouldn't see a company making a mold for a disco'd vehicle. "Custom made" would be your only choice (someone with mad fab skills).

The ST is disco'd but it does have the same hood as a regular explorer so there is a huge market base their.

I think an aftermarket hood would look pretty sweet for my 06 too, but all I can find are those cheesy plastic stick on scoops.

So stick one on, and then fiberglass it in. They've done the hard part for you. (getting the right shape, and having it be symetrical). Once it's blended into the hood, you can cut it, and the underside of the hood, open anyway you like.

That would also be the easiest/cheapest way to make a cowl hood, using a fiberglass cowl from Summit or Jeg's.

Has anyone come across a full ram air hood for the 2010 adrenalin?
Amerihood makes a functional ram air hood for the 06-10 explorers I am thinking about getting one along with another STA owner. If you're interested, maybe we could get a group discount. $498 is the cheapest I have found on ebay. They have two different models. One goes to the passenger side and one to the drivers.

Amerihood FEPL06AHTEFHW | Ford Explorer Type-E Style Functional Ram Air Hood; 2006-2010

Back