Ram Air Hoods

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
does anyone know where to get ram air or cowl induction hoods for our trucks? or will ranger hoods work? i have a 1994 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First of all, welcome to the site.
Second, check out the New Member Forum.
Third, if you do a search for "ram air" and/or "hoods", you'll find this topic has come up more then a couple of times. I don't believe anybody makes a ram air or cowl induction hood for our trucks. I think you're stuck with doing a custom job.

Do you want this type of hood for looks or have you done engine work? I need to have a cowl induction hood fabricated and am working with a body shop next to my brother in law's auto shop in Skokie (Chicago suburb) to have one custom made.

Thanks eric. i am new and have no clue what im doing. i did try to search for cowl induction hoods or something but it said nothing was found.. i want it for looks because i acidentally screwed up my stocker(windshield at 50mph)and i wouldnt have to get an upgraded one painted medium lapis blue. it could be blk or something. im trying to keep replacement cheap [more on the stocker..it kinda has an inverted cowl right now...]

[Edited by jimabena74 on 01-03-2001 at 05:49 AM]

THANKS GIMP, KEEP ME POSTED IF YOU FIND ANY IN STEEL THOUGH BUT ILL DEFINITELY CHECK IT OUT THANKS AGAIN

88-92 Ranger and 89-90 Bronco II hoods are identical to
91-94 Explorer hoods.

Try
http://www.cervinis.com/

I think they have some Ranger hoods with scoops that are low-profile and look great, but it's been a long time since I have visited their site...

Dead Link Removed

This is a shop here in vegas that I'm thinking about having do my hood. They won't get the air into your intake, but will free up some weight from your truck.

They seem to make Bronco hoods. I guess they can custom make an Explorer hood?

Do they have any Cowl type hoods for my 1995 Sport?? if not, how would i go about getting a custom one done? thanks any help is appreciated!

slick

Back