• Register Today It's free!

Rancho 5000's

treyz82

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
I'm putting a 2" body lift on my 94' XLT. I would like to put on new shock because mine are worn out, I heard the rancho 5000's will fit the stock ride height and can go 2" higher if i decide later to put on a suspension lift.
any input would be great
thanks Trey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are good. personally i would get the rancho 9000s because they are adjustable, monroe and the edelbrock ias are also good for stockers/ near stockers...

I did just as you are talking about, added 2"bl, Ranco5000's and then added the 2" Skyjacker a month later..No problems, and no regrets...

what's the difference

what are gonna be the big differences in the 9000's and the 5000's? are they bolth adjustable, is there a big difference in price any info would be great!
thanks Trey

trey, the 5000s are auto adjust regular shocks....the 9000s are userselectable via knobs on the shock body or via a air compressor and cab mounted switch

Rancho 9000's

hey, jimabena74
the 9000's sound like a good idea is it hard to set up a control box in the cab and if i do what equipment do i need

local 4x4 shop or wherever you get your shocks from should be able to get the control box and stuff...how hard it is depends on your mechanical abilities...if you dont htink you can drill and run air and power lines let a 4x4 shop do it.

Stay away from the cab control. It's a waste of about 300 bucks. There have been too many problems with it and you don't need this "toy". You can do the same adjusting on the shock itself that you can on the control. I can think of at least 10 other items that I'd spend my money on.

I checked into the control box

I checked into the control box, the guys at the local 4x4 shop basically told me lifting an explorer was stupid and there not sturdy, so i said i'd take my $400 and go else where!! Thinking to my self I could find some place where the people woking on my truck have a higher I.Q. than my tire size. I just checked 4wheelparts.com, and they have the controls you can also buy them with the shocks. My question is they have a single and dual control, there's $60 difference but what does that mean to me? What's the single control, and what does the dual control???
Any body's input would be great, what do you think jim?

single control is for single shocks
dual control is for dual shocks

Back