Rancho Quicklift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quicklift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mlovett your truck turned out great! You are running the quick lifts & 1.5" btf spacers up front? What size tire are you running?

Quicklifts are on all 4 corners. 1.5 inch spacer up front and 1.0 inch spacer in the rear. Thanks for the compliments. Tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17. NOthing extreme on this guys just a nice lifted street truck.

Looks really level and nice. I have quick lifts all 4 corners as well. Right now it is higher in the rear so I am going to be putting a 1.25" spacer up front. I will post pics once it is done.

Ok so I've had the rancho loaded struts sitting in my garage for a few months, I've had no funds to get them put in, so it looks like I'm going to have a go at it myself.
As my ex is my daily driver I was just wondering how long it would take to do the install and when I got the instructions out of the box it said it was in a locked position and will I need a spring compressor to install these? As they are already under compression from the lock nut.

You won't need a struct compressor. I would plan on spending an entire day installing them if you don't do this type of work often. Here are some pics of when I did mine:
StockKnuckle.jpg

StockUpperVSBTF.jpg

photobucket-31564-1355871568963.jpg

You won't need a struct compressor. I would plan on spending an entire day installing them if you don't do this type of work often. Here are some pics of when I did mine:
StockKnuckle.jpg

StockUpperVSBTF.jpg

photobucket-31564-1355871568963.jpg

Yeah I was going to wait till I had a long weekend just incase it all went pear shaped haha, so it should just swap out no problems. I think there was a link floating around on how to install spacers so I'll just use that as a how to.

I am about to attempt to add an 1.5 inch spacer to the front and a 1.0 inch spacer to the rear of an 04 X with the loaded quicklifts installed. This was at the recommendation of Brandon after a lengthy phone conversation. We'll see how this turns out and keep you guys posted. I got about 1.5 inches of lift from the quicklifts alone and some additinal lift from 265/70/17 tires to start with. Had the ball joints replaced recently and they are not binding that bad right now. Will see what happens with these spacers. Dropping the X off at the shop tomorrow for the install.
Looks good. Did you have any spair room before ypu lifted it for another inch or so of tire?

Looks good. Did you have any spair room before ypu lifted it for another inch or so of tire?

What do you mean? I had 245/75r16's on it for a while installed just the quick lifts and arms. I installed 33x12.50r17's when I did the 1.5" spacers so I don't know how much room I would have had on near stock tires with the quick lifts and lift spacers.

Here is my Ex before and after pics. First pics are before the 1.5 front spacers and 1.0 rear spacers and the last three are after the spacers were installed. I am running quicklifts on all three corners.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0307_zps08e43eec.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0306_zps3bcf1b65.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0587_zps9badbb03.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0585_zps2179bf2d.jpg

I have still got to order the new UCAs from BTF but even without them the ex rides great. I did build the sway bar end links and installed them when I installed the spacers. Now keep in mind this Ex is not a daily driver and rarely goes offroad. When I am offroad I am mostly on sand and not real rough roads and I take it extremely slow and easy--hence the reason I have yet to do the UCAs. If you are planning to do serious offroading I highly recomment the UCAs and limiting straps to avoid contact with the coil springs at full drop. I also and to have the frame ground out slightly in order to get the front end aligned. All in all I think it turned out looking pretty good. I just got the Fuel Wheels a couple of weeks ago and they really set it off--the old Incubus wheels are for sale if anyone is interested. Good luck with your project!

I actually like and want the look you have in the first picture. So in that one your just running the rancho quicklifts?

Does anyone know anything about the Rancho Quicklift struts, or better yet, have them installed on there Explorer? It looks like the struts add an extra 1.5" (front) and 1.25" (rear).

Here are the part numbers for the Explorer:
http://www.gorancho.com/shock_looku...&make=FORD&model=Explorer&drive=4WD&x=48&y=12

I see some people have had bad experiences with these. Would the "loaded" version make any difference to the old version using the stock spring?

Hey yall i know this is a pretty old post. But i have a shop putting Rancho quicklifts into my 2002 4.0 XLS and they're saying the away bar links i gave them aren't going to work. I'm only putting 1.5 inches in the front and i can't understand why the factory spec sway bar links wouldn't work, would anyone else? I'm calling B.S. on what they're telling me.

Hey yall i know this is a pretty old post. But i have a shop putting Rancho quicklifts into my 2002 4.0 XLS and they're saying the away bar links i gave them aren't going to work. I'm only putting 1.5 inches in the front and i can't understand why the factory spec sway bar links wouldn't work, would anyone else? I'm calling B.S. on what they're telling me.
Did you ever get any clarity on this? I just bought a 2003 xls and am pretty bummed to find out that the rear axle going through the frame is a major issue for making any kind of mods. Were you able to get the quicklifts installed? Any info would be helpful.

Back