• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quicklift

Jester966

Reaction score
City, State
Kitchener, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT V8
Does anyone know anything about the Rancho Quicklift struts, or better yet, have them installed on there Explorer? It looks like the struts add an extra 1.5" (front) and 1.25" (rear).

Here are the part numbers for the Explorer:
http://www.gorancho.com/shock_looku...&make=FORD&model=Explorer&drive=4WD&x=48&y=12

I see some people have had bad experiences with these. Would the "loaded" version make any difference to the old version using the stock spring?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordering mine very very soon. Will be running these with an inch body lift and 33's!

Loaded, Tech Support

Has anyone got the new "loaded" quicklifts installed?

For anyone else who is interested, I just spoke to tech support at Rancho to get a bit of information before I ordered:
- I asked about the shock adjustment and he told me that it does not adjust ride height at all.
- I mentioned the stiffness/bouncing problems with the front shocks in the Explorer. He was already aware of the issue, and said that the problem has been corrected with the loaded version. When I asked what had changed, he said that the shock length has been adjusted to accomodate the spring better.
- He also said that the 1.5"/1.25" is the actual vehicle lift.

I think I'm going to order them.

My mechanic bro in law spoke with a Rancho rep who said the quick lift could not be used on my 2005 Mercury AWD

Did he give a reason?

I feel I've become pretty proficient with all of this stuff over the past year considering how much I've learned about vehicles and I could still be wrong but I don't see any reason why your drive system would matter.

I am no expert but I think it's something to do with the front suspension being different

I don't know man. Just going by what he said when he spoke to Rancho. I can't risk buying something that spendy without knowing for sure that it will work.

Why don't you just call them yourself and ask?

I decided to just go with BTF spacers either way

Quick update;
I've had the QuickLift Loadeds installed on my 2004 XLT 4x4 for about 2 months now. So far I've had zero issues, and no bounciness at all.

I had left all four corners on setting 5, as they came in the box, for most of that time and was happy with how it felt both on road and off road. For about a week now I've been trying setting 8 and it is even nicer on road, but have not been off road with this setting. So far I have kept front and back the same, but will continue to experiment.

With 265/70R17 BFG All Terrains, from the ground to the top of the wheel well is 36" front and back. I had measured it before the install, but didn't write it down!

Has anyone else got these yet? How do you like them, and what settings did you find worked best for you? Overall I am very happy with the QuickLift Loadeds!

Got any pics? I seem to remember reading someplace that the shocks settled over time...if they've corrected that I'd probably purchase these.

My mechanic bro in law spoke with a Rancho rep who said the quick lift could not be used on my 2005 Mercury AWD

Mercury 3rd gen search on Rancho's website pulled up the same shocks in the first post, I dont see why it wouldnt work?

I had taken a before pic, but can't seem to find where I stored it.
Here's what it looks like today:

DSC_0273.jpg

I recently put the Rancho's on my 4th Gen. The Loaded up front and struts for the rear. Still running the spacers that I've had for a coupe years now. I love the shocks!

Is the ride similar to the stock ride or is it firmed up a lot?

Are there any issues with the ball joints or is this lift small enough to not create problems? I wouldn't mind getting a little more height and run 265's but don't want it to be at the expense of adding more maintenance. Thanks...

I just ordered the shocks. 2-RS99996, RS999905, RS999934. What else do i need? Im on a fully stock suspension as of now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered the shocks. 2-RS99996, RS999905, RS999934. What else do i need? Im on a fully stock suspension as of now.

This thread is a pretty good how-to on removing and installing the struts:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279667

Just disregard the parts about installing the spacers. You probably won't have to pry anything downward as much as the poster of that thread did either.

Oh, and in case you were going to ask, it's probably not the best idea to combine the spacers and quicklifts...at least not without some BTF upper control arms and limiting straps.

Back