ranger suspension on an explorer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

ranger suspension on an explorer

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
i've tried searching and haven't found an answer...will a ranger suspension lift from say, james duff or skyjacker, fit on a explorer? just wonder if i should stay with the ttb or go the sas route. any opinion would help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

robmurt04

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4WD
if you have the money time and skills do a SAS. Other wise you can the ranger suspension (I assume you mean 8" because the 4" & 6" are made for ex and ranger) up front, then for the rear do a SOA(6"ish) warrior shackels (1.5"ish) and 1" lift blocks. You're not gonna wanna run over 35" with the TTB and you'll have to regear with either route.

Mike_D

Reaction score
City, State
Redondo Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
If your talking about modified beams, I believe the pick-up points are different (explorer vs. ranger). If your talking just coils I think your ok

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
thanks for the reply...i think i will go with the f-150 spacers and warrior shackles for now...i have good mechanical ability and have minor fab ability...my dad is the fabrication expert...i am going to wait and do the sas.

Mike_D

Reaction score
City, State
Redondo Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
if you and your dad have fab skills I would say go with a quality ttb set-up