Rap sheet a mile long!!! I AM NOT IMPRESSED | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rap sheet a mile long!!! I AM NOT IMPRESSED

27K miles on my 01 XLT 4x4.. NO problems at all with it, just put fuel in it, and change the oil (use Mobil1)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by schmooz1
Hey paul don't be put off by ford because of this one truck...My 2000 xlt has close to 300,000 on it and the only problem I've had with it so far was getting rear ended at a stoplight. Hope your next truck treats you better

You're not serious!!! Do you have the SOHC engine?

good lord, thats quite a bit of problems.. but doesn't the lemon law only allow you to submit a car as a lemon after like 2 months?

lol, maybe I have a lemon too, did you get all that info from receipts? or is there some service we can look up the records for?

Originally posted by schmooz1
Hey paul don't be put off by ford because of this one truck...My 2000 xlt has close to 300,000 on it and the only problem I've had with it so far was getting rear ended at a stoplight. Hope your next truck treats you better

whoa, how in the hell did you put 300,000 miles in two year!!?? Did you drive like 24hrs a day:eek: :confused:

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
whoa, how in the hell did you put 300,000 miles in two year!!?? Did you drive like 24hrs a day:eek: :confused:

I was wondering the same thing.....

I bought the truck from my dad who is a traveling salesman of sorts. He is on the road six days a week averaging about 1350 miles a week. I got it from him with 267000 clocked and I've put another 5k on in the last three mounths. What Can I say we love to drive!

I need to amend my last post I did the math wrong, I never was good at math! He averaged 2600 a week But he knows the EVERY road in VA,MD,PA & DE!

Let me ask you, what engine does it have? Has the tranny been rebuilt? Just curious.

Originally posted by Jason_25
Let me ask you, what engine does it have? Has the tranny been rebuilt? Just curious.
I was wondering that also, I wouldn't think its the sohc b/c of all the problems people had/are still having with it. If it is, DAMN!. 300,000 miles in 2yrs is a lot more stress on any engine, than if it was a for example 1st gen with 300,000 thats older. But holy crap, 300,000.:D Have you had any problems with it?

Let's see now - 300,000 miles in 2 years - two years is
730 days - 365 x 2. 300,000 dived by 730= 411 miles per day. What do you do in your spare time?

Don

411 miles a day? what spare time? thats the good part of a day just on the road.. even at highway speeds.

damn .... to put that many miles on a car in one day all i have to say is damn!!!! what does he sell? It has got to be something big because that would be over $200 a week on gas alone.

Paul - I've had a lemon myself (93 Plymouth van) and I know the feeling. It is interesting about your replacing the console twice. My daughter has a '99 Sport and she broke the console/armrest by throwing her bookbag on it. I asked her if she wanted me to replace it and she said "Is it going to be just like the old one?". I replied 'Of course'. She then told me "Well no - that thing's designed wrong and will just break again". She was 17 at the time. You've got to wonder - who designs these things.

:confused:

btw: it's still broken

Back