Rattle when accelerating from a stop 22 ST-Line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rattle when accelerating from a stop 22 ST-Line

BlueCoyote

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST-Line
My 2022 ST-Line 2.3 has a rattle when accelerating from a stop under light-moderate acceleration. I will admit I ran 87 octane for the first 1,200 miles or so but have ran 92 or 93 octane for over the last 1,000 miles (currently have 2,500 miles on it) and no change. This happens only through about the first 3 gears from 2-3k rpm. Does not do it in park. Anyone else have this issue and have any idea what it could be? My ears aren’t what they used to be and sounds like detonation…..but suppose it could also possibly be a heat shield at just the right harmonic and load.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't heard any "rattle" pinging, knocking, etc no matter the octane of fuel I use in our '20 ST. I do notice a decrease in power, but that's it.

My 2022 ST-Line 2.3 has a rattle when accelerating from a stop under light-moderate acceleration. I will admit I ran 87 octane for the first 1,200 miles or so but have ran 92 or 93 octane for over the last 1,000 miles (currently have 2,500 miles on it) and no change. This happens only through about the first 3 gears from 2-3k rpm. Anyone else have this issue and have any idea what it could be? My ears aren’t what they used to be and sounds like detonation…..but suppose it could also possibly be a heat shield at just the right harmonic and load.
welcome to EF!

My 2022 ST-Line 2.3 has a rattle when accelerating from a stop under light-moderate acceleration. I will admit I ran 87 octane for the first 1,200 miles or so but have ran 92 or 93 octane for over the last 1,000 miles (currently have 2,500 miles on it) and no change. This happens only through about the first 3 gears from 2-3k rpm. Does not do it in park. Anyone else have this issue and have any idea what it could be? My ears aren’t what they used to be and sounds like detonation…..but suppose it could also possibly be a heat shield at just the right harmonic and load.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Are you hearing it in the cabin? does it sound like its coming from the passenger side?

Back