Rattling sound from inside drivers side door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rattling sound from inside drivers side door

Greasemonkey

Reaction score
City, State
Fullerton, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Something is loose inside the drivers side front door on my 1992 explorer and making an annoying rattling sound. How do I remove the inside door panel to find out what is causing it? If I put pressure on the arm rest while it is rattling it temporarily stops the noise so whatever is loose is probably in the vicinity of the arm rest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take the panel off and search around. You should find it.

Take the panel off and search around. You should find it.

there is a tool you can get to take off your panel, or a wide flat head will work. just put it behind the panel, and start going around the permiter, everytime you encouner resistance that is a plastic pin holding in the panel that needs to be popped out. eventually they'll all be out and you'll be able to take it off. you also need to remove the screws at the top and middle near the handle/latch

then plan on replacing the little plastic connectors. I just sheet metal screw the door panels back on. But that look is not for everyone

Back