Rear Bumper Protectors | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Protectors

I like the look.

73s

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weather got a little warmer than the forecasters predicted, so I installed the BMC bumper protector.

bumper-protector.jpg

I'm okay with the new look.

Looks good. I had just ordered this last night prior to all the hub-bub about the octagon pattern. We'll see once it comes in.

Weather got a little warmer than the forecasters predicted, so I installed the BMC bumper protector.

bumper-protector.jpg

I'm okay with the new look.

Looks Good!!
de KC5OAO

The problem with the ford one, is it doesn't cover the corner of the bumper...which means it didn't help me on lick when a convection heater rolled out of the back when I opened the hatch. I now have 2 1/8" chunks of paint missing right on the edge of the bumper...... :-(

The platinum one does

Anyone who calls those shapes "octagons" is geometrically challenged. If the shape has 6 sides, it's a HEXAGON.

What is pictured is what I ordered. I got the hexagons. The hexagon pattern is the new production. Unless the place you order from has old stock, you'll get the hexagons too. You should double check before you order.

I ended up ordering the stainless steel bumper cover found on ebay

Can you please post a picture when you get it installed???

Thanks in advance...

sure thing should be here in a few days

Thanks... I went and checked for the Stainless Steel as I never seen them before and waoooo there are some many different models to choose.

Which one did you choose? I also saw one with the Explorer name in the middle.

I'm thinking that the stainless steel ones may be more of a problem in the Northern climates that get freezing rain etc in the Winter months.

Peter

I'm thinking that the stainless steel ones may be more of a problem in the Northern climates that get freezing rain etc in the Winter months.

Peter

That was my thinking when I ordered the plastic one. Prefer the look of the stainless steel, just wasn't sure how the appearance would hold up over time.

Since I am one of those guilty of incorrectly referencing the new BMC design as "octagons", I will from here on out call it a "honeycomb" pattern.:)

Jajajajaa. Thats a good one.

The Jeep Cheroke have it in Stainless and it looks great.

I ended up just having it wrapped when I had the Explorer wrapped with Xpel Ultimate.

Thanks... I went and checked for the Stainless Steel as I never seen them before and waoooo there are some many different models to choose.

Which one did you choose? I also saw one with the Explorer name in the middle.

Yes thats the one

s-l1600.jpg

Perfect. I Will wait forma tour comments on look and quality. Thanks.

Thanks to this thread I found what I was looking for at BMC Extreme Customs. Arrived quickly and installed easily on my 2015 Explorer.

BumperProtsm.jpg

BumperProt2sm.jpg

Do they still make this version with the lines? I have a 2013 Tuxedo Black Sport and was contemplating getting this....

Do they still make this version with the lines? I have a 2013 Tuxedo Black Sport and was contemplating getting this....

I'm fairly certain they do NOT make the one with the lines anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the one with lines and just have not been able to bring myself to install it. How did everybody's fit? My 2016 bumper is curved a lot more than this bumper guard and it seems like if I heat it up and get it to conform, it might just pop off when it decided to straighten out more. It said it was for a 2016, but it sure doesn't match the curve. The finish is not good either. Not even on the sides and when I tried to sand it to smoothen it out and make it even, a lot of voids in the plastic showed up. Seems like way too cheap looking of a piece to put on a $50k SUV! I like the stainless, but it needs to be black for my Magnetic Sport. I know I saw a black one at one time, but now I don't see it.

How was the fitment on the stainless one? Does it look like it will rub any paint off? That is my worry.

I am considering getting that clear paint guard and have it go over the lip of the bumper and then put the much better looking Ford guard on top of it. I wonder if that would work...?

Back