• Register Today It's free!

Rear Lift blocks

Capman2k

Reaction score
City, State
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger XLT
I'm buying stuff to lift the front end of my Explorer 4 inches... so I was thinking about what to do about the rear... I decided I'm going to get springs, but they're a nice chunk of cash... I am getting hooked up with some 4 inch lift blocks for a good deal, but someone told me that using lift blocks on an Explorer will actually LOWER the rear end 4 inches...

I'm not quite sure now... I know some suspension kits use rear blocks, so it doesn't make sense that a block would lower the rear instead of raise it... Am I gonna be wasting my money by getting blocks to use until I can afford new springs, or will it be worth my investment???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A stock explorer rear spring setup is what is known as 'Spring Under Axle'. Lift blocks work for 'Spring Over Axle'. If you we're to use a lift block on your "stock" explorer, then you would actually LIFT the rear axle, instead of lifting the spring (does that make sense?) which is what a Lift block is intended to do....

So no, a lift block will not work for you :(

You may want to consider the Super lift 5.5-inch lift kit. It is a rear spring over axle conversion with an accompaning drop pf the radius arms and new springs.
The least expensive option is the front coil spacers and rear spring shackels.

So I can just get extended shackels or something and be good??? Wouldn't I need to get longer springs also??

A double aal kit and shackles should give you about 4" of lift in the rear. You should get longer shocks.

Originally posted by Alec
A double aal kit and shackles should give you about 4" of lift in the rear. You should get longer shocks.

Okay... one more question... I've been scouring the internet, but can't seem to find any AAL kits for the Explorer... Anyone who can tell me where to find some will be my hero for the day :D :cool:

4 wheel parts, call 'em

Okay, I have another question now... You said the dual AAL kit will give me 4 inches... I assume a single AAL will lift me 2 inches, right??? I'm just curious, are the shackles that come with the single kit (I also assume the kit will come with shackles) sufficient for a dual kit, or will I need special shackles???

Warrior153 shackles: 1.5"-2"

dual aal: 2-2.5"

single aal: 1-1.5"

WAR153 is a separate item.

ah okay... I think I understand :D

Back