1230094Aj

Reaction score
City, State
NEW PORT RICHEY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, Explorer Limit V8
A145B4E7-3B59-4CEE-9780-BC97E869768B.jpeg
399C5289-A506-4F89-B026-46F3672A5376.jpeg

This is the piece that connects the outside lift gate handle to the interior mechanism that opens the rear trunk. It’s plastic and snapped but stayed in place. I tried lock tite which is the pink residue. Also zip ties. Anyone know the part name or where to find a replacement. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably going to be a used part at this point.

127AB0AA-F5DB-43DC-BA95-6799AAD7ED80.jpeg

Quick trip to a auto part store and I think I found the exact clip.

I've broken three of those replacing the door handle and latch assembly. That's why I keep a few around just in case.

I had the same issue last year. I bought that kit someone added a picture of from Autozone… was not a fit at all and took them back.

I ended up at th ejunk yard and searched through explorers from 98 to 01 to harvest a few clips. I think that the 01 design changed and they still have the same clip for some other rods back there. Best advice.... go to the junk yard with the broken part and try to match up. And get a few as you can break some in trying to remove / reinstall.

I've purchased these clips from Ford in the past. Apparently they used them on various model years. IDK if they're still available. I believe Dorman also sells a package of various clips in the Help Section of most auto parts stores, though Dorman products in general leave a lot to be desired in the way of quality.

Im having this issue now. Ive been able to attach the plastic piece to a threaded rod and plug it into the hole on the inside handle but it pulls right out when i pull the latch. I feel like i may be missing another connection. Anyone know where to find a diagram or have a picture of a working trunk latch?

Back