• Register Today It's free!

Rear Seat Torx Wrench Size

d3m0n60d

Reaction score
City, State
Florida bought Minnesota Driven
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
So, I've wanted to remove the rear seats for quite some time because nobody ever rides back there anyways and I am going to be replacing the carpeting very soon and since I want the seats out it would make it much easier to for taking the rear side panels off to replace the speakers/sub.

I already took a socket wrench to the rear seats and removed the nuts on one side only to become surprised at a torx nut on each side of the rear seats.

Does anyone know what size Torx I would need to buy to remove those nuts? (2002 ford explorer sport)

And is that the same size Torx for the front seatbelts?

Both T50. Have a short cheater pipe handy. Thoroughly clean the heads and push down hard. You'll be very sorry if they strip.

Both T50. Have a short cheater pipe handy. Thoroughly clean the heads and push down hard. You'll be very sorry if they strip.

another tip... if the seat bolts protrude through the floor (they usually do) take a wire brush and clean the threads of dirt and rust, then spray them with a penatrant before trying to break the seat bolts free. doing this will make the job much easier and prevent the bolts from seizing and possibly breaking.

More great advice from koda2000. I'll get on my creeper and apply anti seize after wire brushing all the exposed threads.

Back