Rear storage on windows

Keith10247

Reaction score
City, State
Manassas, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Ford PIU
Good Afternoon and Happy Holidays!

I was surfing around and came across a vehicle that had storage over the rear windows. I was trying to see if anyone has done this before on their PIU. It is essentially a grid system that you can hang little bags on. I am basically looking to have a first aid kit, some medical gloves, and some other stuff hanging from it. The ones that I saw were called Molle panels, but I could only find them on eBay. I looked at the manufacturer's site and I could not find anything for a 2023 PIU. I have Whelen Strip Light Plus Duos mounted on the rear windows, so it would need a gap between the window and the organizer. I really don't want this stuff floating around in the back or in a storage organizer on the rear bed of the unit since I will already have medical bags and my fire gear stored back there.
Rear Window.jpg
Rear Window Loaded.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Following, I've seen these on 4Runners & the like, but not sure I've seen them for the Explorer

I’ve installed some for the rear quarter glass and rear hatch window. We bought ours from Troy Products.

They offer one with a fire extinguisher bracket and they sit far enough back for your quarter glass warning lights.

I’ve installed some for the rear quarter glass and rear hatch window. We bought ours from Troy Products.

They offer one with a fire extinguisher bracket and they sit far enough back for your quarter glass warning lights.

I wish they would offer it without the partition. The vehicle is used mostly as an admin vehicle, so it may carry oversized items that require the seats to fold down.

Good find. This might be more what he is looking for.

Good find. This might be more what he is looking for.

The problem is trying to find methods of hanging stuff off of it without using zip ties. The Molle system looked promising, but they assure me they only make it for pick-ups and the eBay listing is a knock-off (shocker).

You can buy just the rear window guards. The website doesn’t show all the part numbers.

I know Havis and Pro-Gard make window guards but not like the ones you are wanting.

Back