• Register Today It's free!

Rear suspension parts

dstig1

Reaction score
City, State
Hudson, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 V8 AWD
I'm gathering parts for my suspension refresh and am having trouble with the rear sway bar bushings. I measured my bar with a caliper at right about 19mm (0.760-0.770"ish). The only parts I find for the rear bar say 37mm, and it sure as heck isn't that big. I've checked NAPA, Autozone, and Checker (the 3 biggies we have around here).

Any hints?

The other question I have is the rear shackles. In looking at them, they are rather rusty and may need replacing during all this. I'm not finding them at the 3 parts stores. Any sources here?

Thanks, Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could it be that I am the first one to look at the rear suspension on these? :) Judging by the parts availability that may not be too far fetched...

Anything??

What exactly are you looking for? To replace the sway bar or the bushings? Sorry, just not sure.

Just the bushings. Bar looks fine - only a very slight spot of surface rust here and there. I'm trying to get the suspension back up to "nearly new" condition as we will be keeping this a while and it's got some good miles on it now (99 V8/140k). I've got the fronts well covered but can't find much for the rears - info or parts.

Thanks,

Just the bushings. Bar looks fine - only a very slight spot of surface rust here and there. I'm trying to get the suspension back up to "nearly new" condition as we will be keeping this a while and it's got some good miles on it now (99 V8/140k). I've got the fronts well covered but can't find much for the rears - info or parts.

Thanks,

the link I had above was for the bushings

Here it is again for you

Whoops! Sorry - must be going blind. Thanks for the link!!

Whoops! Sorry - must be going blind. Thanks for the link!!

no problem, just thought about it, but it probably looked like one of those advertising links on some forums where it goes to a useless website, lol.

Back