Rear Window Wiper | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window Wiper

Follow gijoecam's advice. Those two finger stops at the hinge are the problem. Grind or file them down about 1/8" or so and will solve the problem. They are aluminum and only takes a few minutes. Bending the wiper arm would seem to accomplish the same thing but it won't. You most likely will wind up with streaks or missed spots elsewhere. I bent my wiper arm so many times trying to get it right its a wonder it didn't break. Finally realized those finger stops were the problem, filed them down, and a clean wipe ever since.

Thanks everyone. I tried to bend the wiper arm, only to find out the wiper now gets stuck under the window completely and wont wipe at all. After bending it back to a normal shape, it misses even larger spots. : ( So where exactly are these two finger stops located and what do they look like? Also, I am using an TRICO exact fit blade in the back, is that a good one to use, or are the anco or bosh better? I have the new contour blades in front... err... lattitudes by Rain-X. About the window moving... is it maybe a hinge problem? I know the right ringe has some play in it, like it is missing a washer or something. If i replace that, will that solve the problem if the moving window?

Side note:
----------
My brother has an 02' XLS and his drivers window switch is acting up and wont work. Is that a complete panel swap to fix or can an individual button be found and replaced to fix the problem. I openned up the door and got it to make contact enough to get the window back up, but were affraid to put it back down now. Any idea's?

Thanks again everyone. This forum has saved me a lot of time and headaches. : )

Hi again!

No chance you want to stop by the dealership and have them fix all of that for you? It sounds like a defect that needs attention. :cool: They should not charge you for this service - of course, service manager, they will be happy to help you if you just say, hi my rear window is falling off...

Also, I am using an TRICO exact fit blade in the back, is that a good one to use, or are the anco or bosh better?

Tricos are decent, Ancos are junk.

Back