• Register Today It's free!

Reconnect Clutch Line

Pollarican

Reaction score
City, State
Wall Township, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 EB 4dr
How the heck do you get the hydro clutch line to reconnect to the Slave Cylinder? I have sturggled with this damn thing for way longer than it should require. I know there is the white collar sleeve- I've tried pushing the line, then sleeve, then removing the sleeve while holding the line the whole time against the slave and nothing. I have a brand new line as well as slave. I am 99% sure I have the proper slave and clutch line combination, as I know they changed it in 93.

HELP! I am so close to rolling this multi month project out of the damn garage! Any adive is reatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Usually it just pushes into there and thats it :), Maybe check the pin/tab things on the inside of the female end and make sure they are okay. Also make sure there's no debris or anything thats stopping the male end from engaging the tabs/pins.

Wow, it should just easily push and click.
If you replaced both the line and the slave, compare the fittings of the new pieces to the old pieces.

I know there is the white collar sleeve- I've tried pushing the line, then sleeve, then removing the sleeve while holding the line the whole time against the slave and nothing.
Forgot to mention: dont touch the sleeve when you're reinstalling. In fact, pull it all the way back first and then try reconnecting again. The sleeve is only there for disconnecting.

I'm thinking maybe I have to open the bleeder to let some of the air out in the cylinder. Or maybe I just really have to push on the damn thing.

I'll be back in a few:salute:

I had the same problems once. It turned out that my slave and line were not from the same year vehicle so they would not connect. There is a difference between the years even though they may look almost the same.

Back