redid my tint..went w/ a custom design.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

redid my tint..went w/ a custom design..

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
i had 20% on the front windows and i wanted them darker. So while i had the windows w/o tint i figured i'd do something unique.
The design i did it in 20% mirror and then did 5% over that
Let me know what you think
Oh and i also redid my windshield strip..before it was at the "legal" height. Now its 5% and like 8" long i believe
Let me know what you guys think
P3130205.jpg

P3130206.jpg

P3130209.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not my style, but it lookswell done. I wish we could legally tint our front side windows here in Michigan.

thanks..i just wanted to do something different but not too flashy. At angles you really can't tell its there..heres a pic to show..
wow you guys can't tint the windows in the front? i wouldn't be able to live there lol..i can't drive a car w/o tint
P3130204.jpg

Hey sjr- I've had I think total 17 tinted cars in MI and never had a problem. I have 3 family that are police, and while there are no guarantees, they said that if you're not doing something dumb, you probably won't get pulled over for tint. If your front windows are lighter than the rears, you probably won't get pulled over for tint. Mine have been 20 or 15 rears, 35 fronts, or factory Ford tint and 35 fronts. And one of them is Portage police... ;)

looks awesome

Hey sjr- I've had I think total 17 tinted cars in MI and never had a problem. I have 3 family that are police, and while there are no guarantees, they said that if you're not doing something dumb, you probably won't get pulled over for tint. If your front windows are lighter than the rears, you probably won't get pulled over for tint. Mine have been 20 or 15 rears, 35 fronts, or factory Ford tint and 35 fronts. And one of them is Portage police... ;)

Most of the time they won't bother you, if they can still see in. They use it more of a reason to pull you over. As you probably know the law says you can go as dark as you want in the back. But the front doors and windshield you can go as dark as you want but only 4" down from the top of the window. I have had many cars too, that have tinted windows and 3 different tint tickets. 1 in Kalamazoo and 2 in Battle Creek. Stay out of Battle Creek with tinted windows. My 2 tickets in B.C. were less than 2 weeks apart.

Very nice. I especially like the side window treatment.

JP

Let me know what you guys think

Since you asked... I think that dark a tint is a hazard on the road. It is too dark to use at night since you simply can't see anything unless it is lit.

It looks fine and I like the design you used. I'd just stick to 35% tint.

Back