remote access start

Dr. J

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Springs Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer limited
has anyone installed the remote access remote start

and your thoughts on the security system that one has to install for this.

was curious what your thoughts were on it and was it hard to install its supposed to be plug and play

I guess I'm confused.

Do you mean a smartphone remote start and control system? On top of the security setup that came with the car from the factory.

as - if your profile is correct - both of your cars have remote door and tailgate and I guess remote start.

Is the kit you are describing coming from ford or ?

I guess I'm confused.

Do you mean a smartphone remote start and control system? On top of the security setup that came with the car from the factory.

as - if your profile is correct - both of your cars have remote door and tailgate and I guess remote start.

Is the kit you are describing coming from ford or ?

sorry for the confusion yes the smartphone remote..
and profile is correct i have a 2015 and 2016 liimiteds both with factory remote starts.

and yes the one that comes from ford

i had it installed at the dealer since it needed to be programed through their system.

Mine is a 14 Limited with the factory remote star installed.

To add the smartphone controlled system, you have to add the OEM security system. You don't need the 2 way or the extended range because those will make you carry an extra remote onto of your ignition key or key fob.

You add the regular security system. That comes with the basics, just like an aftermarket alarm. You get door triggers and shock sensor triggers. It comes with an adjustable shock sensor. It also arms and disarms with you original Remote, either the key fob or regular key, whatever you have.

Then on top of that, the smartphone system gets piggy backed to the security system. This will give you control of the alarm, doors, and remote start. You can lock, unlock, start or shut down the engine (only if it was started from the app). It will also send you a text message if the alarm goes off, and it will tell you if it was door trigger or shock sensor trigger.

Very nice system. I love it and get some good use out of it.

Back