RMU remote access module connector pinout | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RMU remote access module connector pinout

Jeff118

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Does anyone have a schematic or know the wiring diagram or connector pinout of the RMU DL3Z-19A390-B remote access module?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one? Can anyone tell me where to find this information?

Still Looking for the wiring diagram or connector pinout of the RMU DL3Z-19A390-B remote access module. Can anyone help?

Just asking again, thanks!

Anybody ! ? ? ! ! ?

I honestly don't believe a wiring diagram for that exists, that is public or available to the dealers. Probably an internal Ford thing.

The part has been discontinued. If you haven't had a response in 3 years it is unlikely anyone has the answers you're seeking.

Peter

Thanks Guys. The fact the the RMU will cease working at the end of the year is why I really would like to know it's pinout now. It's been mentioned before it's based on the CarLink1. I would hope to be able to adapt a CarLink6 in it's place. But other than the red and black being 12VDC I don't know the function of the rest of the leads. I wish I had a second non working RMU to open up and see if where the leads are going yields any clues.

See if this helps. I'm spinning around the same need in my head.

Attachments

• ASCL6_IM.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 379
  • ASCL1_IM.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 269

Hello XJosh Now if only we could get the wiring diagram/pinout of the Ford RMU to determine if/how to retrofit the ASCL6. And if we could find the pinout information of the mystery blue jack on the VSS module. VSS Module connections - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

I'd say there's a better than zero chance that the Ford RMU uses the same electrical signals as the ASCL1. After all, there's a similar set of connections in common between them: Power, ground, and two data (TX/RX). Judging from that connector you posted, though, I don't suspect they use the same color code. So we gotta sort that out first. If we had a physical specimen of the ASCL1, it would be helpful to compare the innards to a Ford RMU. There aren't any on eBay.

Once that's sorted, there's the question of whether the protocol is consistent (enough) between the Ford, ASCL1 and ASCL6 for communication to work once all the connections are made. No idea there. The protocol isn't publicly documented for any variant, let alone all of them to be comparable. It does seem like there's a wide range of compatibility for many systems with the "ADS" protocol set on the ASCL6 so that's a good sign. So unless we reverse engineered a working example of a Ford RMU and ASCL6 to compare them, I don't know that we can know for sure.

I'll try to find sometime to get the car in the garage and poke around with the scope and see what I can learn. I'll pull my RMU out and see what the colors look like. I suspect the best I'll find is confirming the signal pins and then someone will have to take a leap and splice up a ASCL6 to a RMU connector, and see what happens.

I'm working on the same thing. Any luck? I know I can use a Fortin EVO with the CARLINK ASCL6 but I already have the VSS as a bypass. I'd like to return those parts if I can...

I'm working on the same thing. Any luck? I know I can use a Fortin EVO with the CARLINK ASCL6 but I already have the VSS as a bypass. I'd like to return those parts if I can...
Additional info, I'm just going to use the EVO...

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

It would seem to be so easy ..... but it is not apparently.
Maybe the mystery blue jack on the VSS holds the two data pins that the ASCL6 can connect with!
If we only had more data on the Ford components.

I really hope one of you smart people can figure this out so those of us who have this can get it working again. Thanks

I really hope one of you smart people can figure this out so those of us who have this can get it working again. Thanks
Same. I had this exact thought about rewiring it to work.

I wish Ford and VOXX would get together on a drop in replacement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish Ford and VOXX would get together on a drop in replacement.
I’d rather Ford stay out of it. Voxx carlink was more than half the cost of the Ford RMU. I’d rather voxx just have a wire harness that works with the VSS.

Back