• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start system added to key

ckent23

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
i have a 2013 Explorer and just had the remote start system added (part #: CL3Z-19G364-B). what i wanted was for the remote start button to be a part of my key (so i dont have to carry around the extra starter). the people at my ford dealer told me that it cant be done because i had to purchase it at the time i purchased my vehicle. i saw online the 100-Series Plug-N-Play and told them about it, they said i will still need a separate remote start. is there any way i can just carry around a key and still remote start my car?

i have a 2013 Explorer and just had the remote start system added (part #: CL3Z-19G364-B). what i wanted was for the remote start button to be a part of my key (so i dont have to carry around the extra starter). the people at my ford dealer told me that it cant be done because i had to purchase it at the time i purchased my vehicle. i saw online the 100-Series Plug-N-Play and told them about it, they said i will still need a separate remote start. is there any way i can just carry around a key and still remote start my car?
Welcome to the Forum ckent23.:wavey:
I did a search and there are a few threads that talk about remote start. Here is one that shows a different model number than yours and appears to be what you are looking for. Mine came with the factory install.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375602&highlight=remote+start

By the way, it would be very helpful if you indicated in your vehicle specs which model you have so it shows up in the left margin. Some answers are model specific.
Good luck.

Peter

Back