Ford Remote Start System??

CougarX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '02 ST, '97 XLT
The last time i was in a Ford dealer for some warranty work I was looking through an accesory catalog and ran across a Ford branded remote start system for the Explorer. I didn't have time to look real close or ask about it as I was in a hurry but I have looked since then and have found nothing about it anywhere.

Has anyone heard of or used this system?? I was thinking about putting remote start on mine but I didn't want to integrate it with the stock seceurity system and wire around the computer key and all that. I would assume the Ford system would more or less plug right in and you could use one key fob instead of two.

If I remember right from what little I read, it works from about 800ft about and extends your dork lock range too. It also won't let you take the truck out of park without putting in a key 1st.

Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check this out at ebay. Some guy is selling the ford brand remote starter. He has a lot of them, kinda expensive $260. Dead Link Removed

I think all of us would love to extend the range of our dork locks. :confused: Seriously though, I would rather get a Vipor alarm with remote start put on my X.

Hey Coug...

I had the remote start system installed, my girl also has one installed on her '00. Everyone is right they are very expensive, cost me $385 installed.

You should know that there are two models for the ford remote start, there is the model that looks exactly like your remote does except they move the panic button over and sqeeze in the start button.
The "newer" model has a bigger remote and painted on buttons (don't like that).

The differences between the two are slight, but choose wisley because if your used to the way your system works now then go with the 1st model.

The older model intergrates better with your stock system, all feature are the same except you have remote start.(hold 2sec to start remotely)

The newer, doesn't allow you to change you sensitivity for your zones like the old one. It also req. you to press the lock button 2x to get an audible signal, same with unlock. and you have to press 1 sec let go and press for 3sec and let go to start remotely. (and if you hold to long your alarm goes off). The newer gives your far more range for all your remote activities!

If your wondering, I have to "newer" model and my girl has the "older" model

Good luck
ToneDog

Back