Remote unlock problem

shaik

Reaction score
City, State
MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2003
Hi,

I recently bought a used 2003 Ford Explorer(Eddie Bauer). This is the first SUV I've owned. I've been reading the manual and going through the forum here and reading up all the info you guys post.

However, I do have a couple of major annoyances of my own with which I need help. First, my remote does not unlock the car. I've tried replacing the battery. I've also tried resetting the remote based on what I read in a different thread here. All the other buttons work except the unlock button. I don't get any response from it at all.

Secondly, the rear window hatch does not lock. I can unlock it using the fob and open it. But when I close it down, it remains unlocked. The only way to close it is to push it down and then open the entire rear lift-gate and close them both down together.

Ideally, I was hoping there might be a simple explanation for this problem...some thing not involving me going to the dealership.

Thanks in advance.

As far as the remote, it may simply be worn out. You can get them aftermarket and program yourself.

Don't know on the hatch.

As far as the remote, it may simply be worn out. You can get them aftermarket and program yourself.

Don't know on the hatch.

Thanks. I'll look into getting a replacement for the remote on amazon.

Back