Remove Dash Middle Vents: Add Gauges | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Dash Middle Vents: Add Gauges

Abominous95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Salem MA or Troy NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Has any one ever considered removing the two middle AC vents above the radio and putting a two or three gauge panel there? I was thinking I would love to have a clinometer, (pitch and roll -o-meter) and a nice altimeter that works. I would rather not put these on the A pilar. I think it would look awesome to have two or three iluminated gauges instead of those vents. I have never really opened up that area behind the dash before the firewall but I would imagin that I would possibly run duct work so that the side vents took all the air and there was little inefficency. If anyone has tried this and had it work I would love see pictures and know what parts you used.
Also if you know where i can find a clinometer that isnt that damn jeep one piece job and is actualy two seperate gauges OR a good iluminated altimeter that would be quite helpful....

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing about putting gauges where the middle panel vents are. But those two vents I use more for ac and heat than the others so I didn't want to give them up.

There is a lot of space back there. Like enough to put a raido into. Good luck.

All you would have to do is cap the center vents with some duct tape or something. But I don't think you would get much airflow out of the side dash vents.

Back