:( Replaced everything... Still no charge | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

:( Replaced everything... Still no charge

YES. People trying to do cluster swaps or going to all aftermarket have had no-charge problems when they got rid of the cluster and create an open in the warning light circuit...

You have battery voltage at the other wire right? And you are jumping the warning light to Battery - right?

Check the fuse (twice lol) and be sure you have the right wire, checking the bulb requires pulling the dash out. But it will not charge without it, it's part of the circuit for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Battery indicator bulb is good... why won't the light c@ome on when I jump from lg/r wire to battery

It's a pretty simple circuit.... Check the fuse and that there is power at the fuse, then check for power at one side of the bulb holder. You can also check continuity between the non-powered side of the bulb holder and the wire at the alternator.

You might have a bad trace on the flexible circuit on the back of the cluster if either of these tests are not successful. Try unplugging the instrument panel and check continuity between the contacts and the bulb holder.

You're pretty much just looking for a break in the circuit now... break it down into sections and test for continuity or battery voltage where applicable. Use the wiring diagram to help.

ok i got the light to work... It wasnt anything in the dash... I had ordered a new plug for the alternator in the beginning and it came in today so i put it in and now the light works... so the old plug with the lg/r wire was bad which is what i thought was a major factor in my problem from the get go and now its good so im a stick everything back together and see how it works

Got everything running and its charging now... Just wish that plug would have come in sooner and i wouldnt have had to mess with it for almost 2 weeks... thanks to all for your help it enabled me to do some productive trouble shooting and i was able to learn alot about my vehicle so that maybe i will be able to help someone else

Back