Replacement door mirror assembly 2013 sport, confused | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement door mirror assembly 2013 sport, confused

savagefan

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT, 2013 Sport
Hello, my driver's side mirror is smashed. When I try to find a replacement from Ford online parts dealers, the prices run from $150 to 600 different part numbers with seemingly the same features. Mine has BLIS, signal lamp , puddle lamp, power adjust, memory power fold, and heat. Why the differences? If I replace the unit with a feature or 2 missing will any codes show up? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No codes, you just won't have those features on that side anymore. You may want to check the connectors are the same, although they should be just missing some pins if you go with a cheaper mirror with less features than what you have.

All sport models use same mirror with all features u listed. Put your VIN in if you're not sure. Sometimes they just have different manufacturer dates which may mean slightly different wiring etc ...

So this is what I mean and is why I am confused;

2011-2015 Ford Explorer Mirror Outside BB5Z-17683-MAPTM | Online Ford Parts Catalog

Original 2011-2015 Ford Explorer Mirror Outside BB5Z-17683-EAPTM | Genuine Ford Auto Parts This is a forum vendor and offers a discount to members.
I don't know why the one in your first link is so much cheaper but as mentioned, enter your VIN and check for compatibility.

Peter

Original 2011-2015 Ford Explorer Mirror Outside BB5Z-17683-EAPTM | Genuine Ford Auto Parts This is a forum vendor and offers a discount to members.
I don't know why the one in your first link is so much cheaper but as mentioned, enter your VIN and check for compatibility.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I did check with one vendor and submitted VIN, they never replied. I'll check the one you listed . Thanks everyone.

Back