• Register Today It's free!

Replacement Driver Side Doors

madbrown

Reaction score
City, State
Big Sky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
I need to replace my front and rear driver side doors. So my question is will a replacement door from somewhere like a salvage yard jive with the existing electronics for the new door? The doors have power lock, window, a keyless entry. Also do I have any option for replacements other than a salvage yard? As always, thanks.

I need to replace my front and rear driver side doors. So my question is will a replacement door from somewhere like a salvage yard jive with the existing electronics for the new door? The doors have power lock, window, a keyless entry. Also do I have any option for replacements other than a salvage yard? As always, thanks.

Yes, you can put a set of junkyard doors on your truck and have all your options still work. As long as the doors are from a similar year.

The options for buying (fully assembled) doors are: junkyard, craigslist, ebay, or someone with doors for sale locally that stripped a truck (shipping would be a killer). I've got a set from a 96 for sale, but I would not even try to ship them.

I figured the shipping wouldn't make it worth while, but my main concern was if a replacement would be recognized by the original electrical. Thanks again

Back