Replacing Cluster Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing Cluster Lights

RBRoAB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
hey, my name is Zach and I am new here. I bought a Sport Trac about a year ago and have come here for tips and advice on many of my questions and decided to make an account.

My question is, would it be possible to change the color of the instrument cluster lights? Right now, when the lights are on, everything is illuminated green, which isn't a problem. I was just curious if it would be possible to change it to a different color such as blue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, there are different types of lights you can use, and you will have to take apart your gauges and scrape the green on the gauges. its kind of a pain. look up the threads on this topic, there are plenty of them.

Thanks for the reply. Just a quick question, where could I find one of these threads. Bit of a newbie.

Look in the lights section and also in the stock '95-01 Explorer section. There's threads on how to convert to any color l.e.d. light you want. Give me a lttle while and I'll post the link when I get home, on my phone right now.

Looks like a fun weekend project... thanks for asking this question! Now i can have blue dash lights instead of just dimming them so my blue LED head unit looks cool :p

Back