Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry

on these alarms is there a way to extend the time the blinkers come on when you set it or any of the other features??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bosch immobilizer

Hi!

I have been reading this thred and tried the on/off thingie on my explorer -96 but without any luck... It doesn't cycle the locks or any thing but then I disscovered that you all have a different kind of remot, I guess. I only have one button on my remote and on the back side it's printed a few numbers and the Bosch logo, so Is my immobilizer/remot/alarm not a standard istalled one?
And if it's not do anyone knows how to program a remote key for a "bosch" remote alarm...?

what is the procedure for a 02 explorer?

I just bought a '99 XLS today and he only had one key and one FOB. I went and ordered a new FOB from AutoZone and it will be in on the 12th. I do have the keypad on my driver's door. I have two questions:

1) Will the one I ordered be identical to the stock one I have and have the ability to program it like it was a stock one?

2) What would my best bet be to get another key made? (I know they have some kind of chip in them, does this mean I HAVE to go to the stealership?)

Thanks,
Geoff

Gcrop said:
I just bought a '99 XLS today and he only had one key and one FOB. I went and ordered a new FOB from AutoZone and it will be in on the 12th. I do have the keypad on my driver's door. I have two questions:

1) Will the one I ordered be identical to the stock one I have and have the ability to program it like it was a stock one?

2) What would my best bet be to get another key made? (I know they have some kind of chip in them, does this mean I HAVE to go to the stealership?)

Thanks,
Geoff
Also, can I reprogram my FOB from my wrecked 2000 Mustang to work with my new 1999 Explorer and have that as a spare?

EDIT: Yes I can, and did.

I have a 98 Explorer Sport I bought used, It did not come with a keyless entry remote, I saw on ebay they had a few for sale in my year but im wondering if I can just buy them and program them. My car did not come with the keypad on the door but it does have power door locks. Let me know if its possible to just buy one and if it will work. thanks -Mike

Im kinda confused what is a keyfob? What I was looking at on ebay was just the remote and it came with "programming instructions." All im wondering is if I can buy the remote and program it with my key and be able to use it. I already have power door locks so I dont know what your talking about with a "slave motor" please explain this for a explorer newbie. Thanks
-Mike

Try2CatchMike said:
Im kinda confused what is a keyfob? What I was looking at on ebay was just the remote and it came with "programming instructions." All im wondering is if I can buy the remote and program it with my key and be able to use it. I already have power door locks so I dont know what your talking about with a "slave motor" please explain this for a explorer newbie. Thanks
-Mike
I think what jaskel is saying is that you cannot just buy the FOB (the remote that goes on your keychain) and program it to work. Your vehicle, more than likely, doesn't have anything to program the FOB to. That is why you must purchase the whole kit not just the FOB/remote. I believe the FOB you see on Ebay is for people who want to replace or add to their existing FOBs.

HTH,
Geoff

i have a 1993 explorer, eddie bauer. i bought two keyless entry remotes off ebay and cant seem to find this "easy to find connector" to reprogram the transmitters, the gray box that is in front of the washer fluid container is there but its black and on the bottom it has a red light and a white push button. then behind the fluid there is 3 black connectors that have 4 wires coming out of each, and the tail light connector, that is it, i need help, please does anyone know how to reprogram the keyless entry transmitters.

Slmdnk9 said:
i have a 1993 explorer, eddie bauer. i bought two keyless entry remotes off ebay and cant seem to find this "easy to find connector" to reprogram the transmitters, the gray box that is in front of the washer fluid container is there but its black and on the bottom it has a red light and a white push button. then behind the fluid there is 3 black connectors that have 4 wires coming out of each, and the tail light connector, that is it, i need help, please does anyone know how to reprogram the keyless entry transmitters.

here is a link to the thread I posted about my 94 with pics to the connector that you are looking for

link to keyless entry thread

well, i dont see that little connector and turns out the thing that i thought was the keyless entry cpu was actually the unit for the electronic 4x4. So for everyone out there i believe there is no keyless entry for the 1993 eddie bauer ford explorer, thanks so much, i put those two fobs (keyless entry remotes) i bought back on ebay, my reserve is set at $40.00 so if you need some check them out, they even have the ford logos on them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7955937536 ,
thanks
steve

Have a '96 XLT that I bought used. I have the original book, keyless entry code card, and fob's. I have tried turning the ignition key 5 times, etc., but can't get the system to confirm that it is in program mode. I am guessing at this point that the box in the back is dead. Is there a way to test the box? Also the keypad on the outside of the driver's door doesn't work. I assume the two are connected which brings me back to a bad box.

I have read on another site that there was a problem with static electricity and the box in 95-97 models, which effectively shorts the box out. I hate to spend the money though if this isn't the problem. Any info on testing the box would be greatly appreciated. Any other ideas or fixes?

after market starter/ keyless entry issue

hey now,

newbie to the forum,] I Have a 99' sport that I bought used. The previous owner had an "amenity" car starter installed. For whatever reason the original door opener was not available to me but I was assured the "amentity" remote worked to open the doors. The starter works great, however, the lock/unlock buttons do not. When I hit the unlock, the interior lights/radio in the truck flash for a second but doors remain locked. The flashing lights lead me to beleive its not a mechanical issue and im not great with electronics...any ideas?

appreciate any help, and Im happy to be a new member, appears to be a great tool!

thanks, Jay

Back