• Register Today It's free!

Resistor can give more MPG?

sstewart777

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your first instinct is correct, these are just POS businessmen who will get what is coming to them, i worked with a POS boss long enough to see that.

Oh yeah it's for real...:cool:

It really empties your wallet and gives you nothing back. :rolleyes:

Pure snake oil. The resistor alters what the MAF tells the computer, changing the A/F ratio. If your vehicle is in good condition and running properly, it will most likely hurt performance.

That is what I thought. I wish we could send these guys a virus that would send back all the money they stole and then eat their computers!:p::roll:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will soon develope said virus which will also empty their refigerators, to add insult to injury.

:troops:

All Ex'rs who desire dirtbag internet scammers to have no money, dead computers and empty fridges line up behind seth2472006

Forward, MARCH!:salute:

We shall soon conquer the world!

Have you tried it? Does it do anything positive?

Here's a chart from # 25 in my list of useful threads:
41928895.gif

As you could see, changing the resistance will directly throw off the reading going to the computer. The resistor adds resistance in series with the ECT sensor to make the engine appear to be cold.

Ah, thanks! So if the engine thinks its cooler outside than it really is, it uses less fuel? Does that mess up other variables?

Ah, thanks! So if the engine thinks its cooler outside than it really is, it uses less fuel? Does that mess up other variables?

If the computer thinks it's cooler out, it will use more fuel. Cooler air=denser air=need for more fuel.

It would also keep you in closed loop longer since it thinks the motor still hasn't warmed up.

Oh yeah it's for real...:cool:

It really empties your wallet and gives you nothing back. :rolleyes:

People used to think that the oil companies and car manufacturers were working together to drain our wallets, and that may have been true at one time. Now though, the manufacturers are required to meet some pretty stiff federal gas mileage standards. With gas now at $3.79 (here) they make a big deal about their gas mileage to sell cars, they are really motivated to increase it any way they can.

If there was something that worked they would be doing it, these various scams would be cheap for them and allow for a bigger profit.

tell me if this makes sence. this is ditrctly from the first link

"Back in 1997 the founder of a company was about to purchase a performance chip for his 2000 Ford Expedition. This particular performance chip costs over $700. He purchased the performance chip and was satisfied with the results."

He must have a close relation with ford to get a 2000 Expedition back in 1997!

Maybe he invented time travel, too! I bet if you put a resistor in the right place in a '82 Delorian, add a simple Flux Capacitor and accelorate to 88 mph you can travel from '97 to '00, purchase (with the money you swindled from people using Ebay in '08) a '00 Expedition, then transfer the resistor to the '00 Expedition and then go back to '97 with the Expedition to add a preformance chip. It all makes perfect sense. It is so simple that eveyone should do it. :confused: :eek::D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was a perfectly composed dis.

You have recieved the "quik-witted-ness" award

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:salute: :D :salute:

Back