• Register Today It's free!

right front axle bearing.

twiford

Reaction score
City, State
lamar south carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Hi,i have a 01 explorer sport 4x4 when i replaced my passenger side cv axle i notice some of the little roller bearing fell out of the bearing that the cv axle rides on can that bearing be replaced without removing the differential if so how?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bearing on the output of your differential?

I think so it's right behind the differential seal where the passenger cv axle slide's into the differential tube.

It is possible. You just need a slide hammer and attachments for pulling bearings and seals, and then it would be good to have a seal and bearing installation kit to put everything back together. If you don't have them, most auto parts stores have a tool rental program.

Is the national s-268 the right bearing?

I forgot they did that with later axles. I believe passenger is 5707... Best just to pull the bearing out and measure it. Knock the old seal back in temporarily to prevent any spilling.

And thats the one for the front passenger side?

I believe. Pull out your old bearing and measure its diameter. If it is 2.5", then it is the one I gave you. 2" and it is the one you gave.

Ok thank's guy's for your reply's.

What puller to use a rear axle bearing puller or blind hole puller.

I’m having a sort of issue like this , that bearing being messed would cause my axle to move up and down on that location right and oil to seep out ? ?

I’m having a sort of issue like this , that bearing being messed would cause my axle to move up and down on that location right and oil to seep out ? ?
Yes. Replace bearing, replace seal, Inspect Intermediate shaft for damage on race surface. replace snap rings!!!!! you need two.

If shaft is damaged:
This comes with Snap rings!!

-Rom

Back