Rim and tire help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rim and tire help.

I have a 1994 Ranger, and I wanted to get some new factory rims in a larger size. Will any year Ranger, or Explorer rims fit on my truck? I'm looking for 15 or 16 inch rims. I only have 14 on my truck now. Can someone let me know the answer to this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Yes they will...You can also click on the "How To" in my signature for more information...;)

got a 94 X with 15x8 wheel, stock on the X r 15x7. As far as going larger I'm sure you could, have to watch going from large to small. has to do with the size of the calipers and drums whatnot...........lug patterns on those I believe r 5 x 4.5 http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm, try searching on around for some more answers. GOOD LUCK

Thanks

Thanks a lot. That really helps. Will that damage my truck with the wrong caliper and drums? I'm new to the do-it-yourself crowd, and I don't want to screw up my ride.

with the proper backspacing and offset, shouldn't have to worry....... one the X stock BS was like 4.50 this put's the wheel in closer to the axle. Aftermarkets were 3.75 BS, stuck the wheel out farther. Not gonna have to worry about your calipers and whatnot, going from a smaller to a larger wheel.

Thanks

That's great. I like how my truck looks, but I'm playing around with these 14" rims. I want to have a tougher look. I want to do this in the meanwhile, as I'm saving up for my lift kit and my super swampers. Are there any websites that can show you what your truck would look like with superswampers on your truck or any other rims and tires beside tirerack.com?

I forgot

Oh yeah, will going to 16 inch tires mess anything up? And do the explorers that have 16 inch rims and tires have the same lug pattern?

try TBars "how to" link for that one.

...Yes, they have the same lug pattern and you year ranger came with 14"-15" wheels so going up to 16" wheels is no problem...

Thanks

That's awesome! They just built a pull-a-part near my house and they have a lot of parts for great prices. I wanted to make sure before I went an bought the wrong thing. Thanks a lot guys!! I really appreciate it. You will probably be hearing from me much more in the future.

Do you know if a passenger seat will fit on the drivers side of a 94 Ranger? My console in the middle of the truck, the one that is connected to the drivers seat is broken. I need to replace it. will a passenger seat fit on the drivers side?

The seat belt fasteners would be on opposite side

welcome

...This is off topic for your thread here titled "Rim and tire help"...You will get more answers in the thread you started 10 minutes ago...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240202

...While you wait for your answers, this will be be of great help...;)
search_EF.gif

Seating

Are there any that might fit that won't do that? Or will I just need to get a seat out oof another truck with a console? What about a Mazda B3000?

Back