roadtoad59 with different electric issues. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

roadtoad59 with different electric issues.

roadtoad59

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
my drivers side master control for my windows, locks and mirrors suddenly went goofy on me. The door locks go up or down when I run the passenger side window. the passenger side mirror will only go down and out by the control but goes up when i raise the passenger window. the driver side mirror will only go in and down and the passenger side mirror does the same motion when the switcxh is set to the drivers side. The locks do not raise (unlock) by the control but will lock. at the same time, my front and rear left speakers went out in my stereo but the spreakers crackle if i rasie or lower my passenger window. The passenger window will operate from the drivers side but not from the passenger side switch. and my dash lights will not come on with my headlights. All of this started to goof at the same time my other electric issues began. weird, huh? any thoughts are appreciated. RT59:

I wish I had a definite answer for you, but I would start with a good inspection of the wiring, especially where they run through the door hinge area. You're looking for cuts in the insulation that may be causing them to cross each other and send the signal to the wrong place.

Might also try looking at the switch, try one from a junkyard.

Good luck!

Mike

I had an issue with the driver side controller way back. Window would go down by itself. I would have to either keep a finger on the up button or disconnect the whole pad.

In the end, I found the problem to be the pads brain box. Open up your driver side door & remove the skin. Right above the inside door light behind the panel is the brain. There should be a date code on it. I found one with a newer date. Bone yard gave it to me for $10.

Better then driving in New England Winter with a window that likes to stay down
Walter

Thanks M & W. I checked all of the wires and what I can see of them appears in cood condition. I rang out the switches and they are o.k. I was thinking maybe a bad device that was pulling all of the grounds through it. I will try to locate a window brain, that makes sense as to a possible cause. Thanks and God Bless, RT59

Back