• Register Today It's free!

Rotor and pad upgrade

gshep12

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 04 Limited 4.6L
I'm looking to upgrade the braking system on my 04 EX 4WD. Anyone have any thoughts on EBC slotted rotors and ceramic pads?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got the ebc slotted and dimpled rotors with green stuff pads... they work great...good improvement over stock rotors...

I got a full set of power stop cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads off ebay a couple years ago for a good price, beautiful improvement over stock. my truck can make my passengers eat dashboards.

i got the ebc slotted and dimpled rotors with green stuff pads... they work great...good improvement over stock rotors...

Is this a recent upgrade for you, if not how many miles on the EBC Rotor. I ask because I have 96k plus on the OEM equip; my concern is quality and of course how long will the EBC hold up. Additionally, I'm mostly familiar with EBC product in terms of motorcycle equip not passenger vehicles. I occasionally trailer a motorcyle, the trailer doesn't have a brake system and I travel down a steep grade everyday, additonal stopping power couldn't hurt; I'm wondering if the upgrade will outweigh overall cost.

the ebc vs the oem price was the same...and so far the ebc rotors and pads are a big upgrade for me...had them for a year...

Are you guys talking about the slotted or dippled and slotted ones? I need new rotors, but $200 for a pair, they need to have a BIG difference for me to spend that kind of money, lol

for daily driving, there is no reason you would need drilled and slotted rotors, brembo blanks would be sufficient or even oem and for the price of "high preformance" rotors it's not worth it just get a good set of pads

placeforbrakes.com is where i bought mine last yr...up to you man...u asked for opinions and you can get a million of them...mine is that ebc rotors and pads work great for me...

ebc 6000 here and i like them. standard rotors @50 each. i stay away from slots/drilled, imho. . . wast of money. Best thing is buy good blanks.

EBC dimpled/slotted w/ HAWK HPS pads

Howdy, just replaced my gear w/ the ebc set up dimpled/slotted. I Tow a 6000lb boat with my stock adrenalin and have no problems since i put these on. I know Hawk HPS are kick ass pads as I have used them on my 97 Merc Cougar w/ a set of R1 d/s rotors i got off ebay for a reasonable price. The hawk pads are phenomenal, flat out big difference. I have Monroematic Coilovers for my rear suspension (1200lbs over stockers) and Edelbrock IAS performers on my front. I replaced all at 58K miles. The reason I went w/ the EBC is simply i tow a huge load (my wife):D and occasionally my boat! the brakes work like a charm. By the way- my rear's were fubar since 30k miles w/ scoring and half the rotor looked like it was sand blasted. when i pulled the pads they were about half contacting the surface. I took to dealer and they said it was normal and would not warranty it for me, but thats a whole other thread! imho unless you need it go with a good stock style flat rotor and SPEND YOUR CASH on quality pads!!! either Hawks or EBC. I cannot vouch for any others, but i guarantee you will be happy with either of these vendors. Keep the shiny side up!
PS-my rear shock, left side, was no good. I pulled it off and it did not extend under it's own pressure. This was before i towed a heavy load OR got married! just kidding, my wife is perfect!!!!:salute:

Back