Rotors and Pad Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rotors and Pad Suggestions

BumbleRumble

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I was looking at the rotors and pads @ RockAuto. I was thinking about getting the Raybestos Rotors Professional Grade; 5 Bolt Holes Front(31.79) and Rear($24.99) wih the Motorcraft SuperDuty Pads Front($45.79) and Rear (41.79).

Do you think this will be a good setup or would you suggestion something else? I have heard quite good things about the superduty pads from Motorcraft.

Right now I'm running Napa Ultra Premium rotors on the rear (which I believe are Raybestos) I didn't notice difference than any other rotors.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Why don't you just get your rotors turned?

Getting the rotors turned is cheaper, but you have to take them somewhere to have it done. Your better off to just replace them cause it's not much more to do it and it's easier and you know you have a new set of rotors on the car.

I'd suggest getting good quality ceramic pads such as Akebono or Wagner. And I agree that new rotors is better than re-turning. Factory rotors run truer, break in better and have more weight to dissipate heat better. For the few dollars you save its not worth it.

Back