• Register Today It's free!

Rotors

blluebear

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Merc Mounty
I need to replace my brake pads and rotors. I have been looking at the Raybestos products (PG Plus rear rotors and SuperStop front rotors) and Satisfied Ceramic brake pads. Has anyone used these products? Does anyone have any comments on them? This seems to be the best product for the price. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Satisified Ceramics on my 92. They are great. No dust, well okay very little dust. No more dirty rims. :) They also stop a lot better than my old ones did. But I'm still running of the same old rotors so I imagine they would be even better if I had new rotors. Well worth the $50 or whatever they cost.

I use the Raybestos semi-metallic SuperStop pads for both front and rear. They stop well, but unfortunately in my car they wore out in less then 30K miles. Off course that could the manner in which the car is driven, and the hills of San Francisco. I've never used ceramic pads before. Are there any noise issues associated with these pads because of their hardness, and is there an increase in the wearout of the rotors?

I haven't noticed any noise. As for the rotors only time will tell. I do have to say that they do well on the hills here in downtown Seattle. Got some pretty gnarly hills here and I have not once had any fade or overheating issues since I installed them.

i replace mine 10 months ago.i use powerslot rotors with Hawk ceramic pads.

i drove 17000 miles on them and they still going strong.the differents between the stock ones is night and day.

low dust and they perform excellent under any conditions.

Back