Rough idle,Vibration feeling | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rough idle,Vibration feeling

The outside pulley ring can come off and damage the crankshaft sensor,belt etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well problem solved the vibrating,fluttering feeling on Idle is gone......few photos for future reference what the 2004 ST had and what to look for and the new one that Motorcraft changed a little
IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

Well problem solved the vibrating,fluttering feeling on Idle is gone......few photos for future reference what the 2004 ST had and what to look for and the new one that Motorcraft changed a little
IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

I knew I was right lol. Glad I could help out.

Thanks Swetrid.........This is an great forum...lots of knowledgeable guys here...I've learned allot....

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The photo was all I needed to fix my Explorer (and a $10 hose from Advance). A mechanic had told me that this "sounds like a serious problem, which may take several days to fix". Kudos to you for the help.
Royp4

Did you guys need to take the fan/radiator off to replace it? Did you use the "special" tools that some say is needed to replace the balancer? I'm having the exact same issue with my 2004 and I feel the rubber piece inside is loose. I want to do this myself but I'm afraid it is going to be too much of a challange? Thanks,

Rick

Back