• Register Today It's free!

Rough Idle Will Not Go Away

JayTye4k

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
So far, I replaced the IAC valve, the fuel filter and ran Seafoam through the intake and fuel lines to no avail..My car seems to idle low when in Idle at stopsigns and stoplights. :bounce: .Shouldn't it have a smooth idle???? It gets better after the car has been driven 15+ miles but the damn thing sounds and feels as if it might cut off for the first 15 minutes. No check engine lights, no strange noises, just a rough idle. Any idea what my next step should be?

Cheers!

Jay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you disconnected the battery to reset the computer?

maybe your throttle body can be adjusted or is fouled?

Is the MAS clean?

Jay, what size engine do you have?
Have you cleaned your MAF sensor lately, a dirty one can cause hesitation, surging, engine miss, uneven idle, bogging down under load, and poor gas milage and will not always throw a CEL light. How are your spark plugs and wires, or it could be a small intake leak causing a lean fuel mixture.

Thanks

Thanks a million guys for the advice. Any chance you could tell me what to clean the MAF sensor with and how to go about doing it? And the MAS...what is exactly is that and what is it's purpose?

Thanks!

It might be prudent to run a can of Sea Foam through the engine.

I did run Seafoam through the engine via Brake Booster Vacum hose. Is there another place that I should do this so soon? Crank Case?

You might want to repeat through the brake booster hose and add to gas tank.

Good luck.....

Back