Rubicon..sometime in the winter, or maybe next June?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon..sometime in the winter, or maybe next June??

R

rock883

Alright, I live in Tennessee, but all my relatives live in California, and well, my mom has been trying to get a family reunion, and she was talking to me and said that she was thiking maybe Lake Tahoe. She also said she wanted to go in the winter, but it would be freezing. But another tiume she told me was maybe next June. Well, I have been looking at all the pictures of the explorers on this page going rock climbing at various places, and I really want to go. Anyways, I have a 2wd though, and we would probably be flying over there, so would anyone want to go to Rubicon during June? I will try to persuade her to go in June because it is too cold in winter. But I would have to tag along if you went, would someone let me ride with them?? I would LOVE to go out with someone out there. I would pay you for all your gas and probably then some. And I could always bring my dad's camera and tape some of the action. Would anyone be up for that? I will probably get more details later on, because this is all just a rough idea right now, but if she tells me an indefinite date I will post it up here, and maybe our family could fly out earlier and then we could go out wheelin, and then I could be back for the reunion. Well, tell me what you guys think?? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in for this winter. I was looking to go on some trail after I get my lift put on anyways and I wanted it close to home. I never thought of Tahoe. Even if I don't have my lift by then I would still love to go up there for a weekend of trail driving. Lets see if anybody else likes the idea and go with it.

Guys, Tahoe gets 10 to 15 feet of snow in the winter, often quite a bit more. I was skiing once some years ago in Kirkwood, 20 miles or so southwest of Lake Tahoe. It snowed 14 feet in 3 days. Make sure in your planning to stay below 4500 feet altitude.
You all remember the Donner party back in the 1846-7. :D Donner Pass is about 20 miles to the northwest.

Thats exactly why I was saying I am going to try and get her to plan the reunion in June instead of winter. I really would like to go, does anyone want to let me go with them?? I would like for this to be one of those big events like Truckhaven was, and MOAB was. I know it is a long ways away, but I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested.

Gees....take all the fun out of it. I live in Vegas where we see snow once every 10,000 years. Can't I ever go 4x4 in the snow....just once.

I guess not. I still am interested in going though some other time. It's not that far of a drive up there and I'm more than willing to go with a group.

Guy's, just wanted to let you know that the Rubicon Trail closes at the end of October and reopens in June. So no trail runs in the winter.:(

Paul B.
Modified 91 4x4 XLT 4-door

I've been to the Deer Valley trail, about 20-25 miles south of tahoe in mid july with several feet of snow. we were the first in. this was a couple of years ago and it's about the same altitude. Rubicon in the winter? good luck!

Back