SAS 1984 Chevy Blazer

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
hey guys im back. got a new rig im working on, Dad gave me his old 4x4 1984 Chevy S-10 Blazer. But im doing a lot of work to it. So far i have a 350 Block, i need to do a rebuild on it. I picked up today a Chevy 3/4 Front end, and 14 bolt rear end. Turbo 350 and Np205 T-case. Also with the purchase, i got a FS chevy gear box, Trans mount, leaf springs, and mounts, and driveshafts. Also a set of rollers, 33"s on steel wheels.

This truck i plan on making one of the biggest in town, there is no where around here to really off road, so its going for the look, and slight mud slinging. And as i break stuff ill just fix it. Tires are going to be 53" Michelins Militarys, on 20"s.

Hopefully next weekend ill get good pics of the axles and stuff, they are still on the trailer i was to tired to take them off today. Plan on putting new bearings and seals in the axles, and than up grade the shafts later. or maybe up grade the front to a dana 60 later.

Tell me what ya think, besides dont say run a different front axle, or run rockwells, im running what i have, just give suggestions on how to build these axles up, or how to do the whole process. or what you think would be cool to do.
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THe truck and trailer full of crap, aint nothing nice to look at now, but hopefully not to long from now it will be nice, prolly going with a black paint job.

Resized_IMAGE_029.jpg

Resized_IMAGE_027.jpg

Resized_IMAGE_025.jpg

If its just for show, dont even run axle shafts in the front axle.. or a front driveshaft for that matter. Just suspend that 44 with like a 6" lift block (this is famous in the south, I'm in GA right now and wow there are plenty of dangerously stacked lift blocks), slap on those tires/wheels, bolt on the steering and call it good!

and where do you see a 44 at? no where in any of those pics is there a 44... :rolleyes:
he was talking about the "chevy 3/4 front end" you mentioned <--- that should be a "chevy 10 bolt" which is 99.999% a copy of the "dana 44"

If its just for show, dont even run axle shafts in the front axle.. or a front driveshaft for that matter. Just suspend that 44 with like a 6" lift block (this is famous in the south, I'm in GA right now and wow there are plenty of dangerously stacked lift blocks), slap on those tires/wheels, bolt on the steering and call it good!

he was talking about the "3/4 front end" you mentioned, that should be a "chevy 10 bolt" which is the same as a "dana 44"

wtf, there is no 44, LOL! and iz nah i plan to do it right, so later if i want i can upgrade the front to a 60....
EDIT: ahhh you edited too, yea i know they are a 99% copy of a 44, hell half the 44 parts work on there, but its still not a 44 to me..... LOL

BTW how is your rig coming?> havent been around in a while to check on peoples projects...

BTW how is your rig coming?> havent been around in a while to check on peoples projects...
My explorer is done .. hydro steer is almost done too.

:D Your trying to make a Blazer look good! LOL! Seriously though, that dana 44 is sick! lmao.

You still got the explorer? Lift that bad boy higher if you want a show truck. Not a model t looking blazer. ;)

Haha, just showing my support kid :salute:

I didnt even think 10 bolts came under 3/4 tons, I thought even chevy badged them as 44's then.

Eh, whatever. Just build it right, not like most of the cobbled together FL rigs I see on banana springs and 53's. Id be scared to drive down there with some of the draglink angles.

Back