SCT X4 WITH custom tuning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

I saw 2-3 MPG on my Flex (same motor) IF I could keep my foot out off it :D

Well I guess that's my thing... I can control my acceleration from time to time, but my big loss is driving over 55MPH.
At 55, I get near 30 MPG. At 75, I get 16 MPG.
That's with cruise on... not sure if there's any tuning to do to fix that or if I'd also need to do some other work...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope it's because you're driving a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick. :)
Same with my truck.

Thanks guys, I will give them a call tomorrow!

Well I guess that's my thing... I can control my acceleration from time to time, but my big loss is driving over 55MPH.
At 55, I get near 30 MPG. At 75, I get 16 MPG.
That's with cruise on... not sure if there's any tuning to do to fix that or if I'd also need to do some other work...

Man! I drive at 75 MPH all day long on I-95..Average 20-21 MPG...23 If I drive 70.

Man! I drive at 75 MPH all day long on I-95..Average 20-21 MPG...23 If I drive 70.

+1

I drive between 75-79mph, and average 19.5 - 20.5 depending on wind, weather and temp. I can easily break 25 average if driving < 70

I am waiting for a call back from Sutton Ford regarding the dyno. In the meantime, I have found a place in Naperville, IL that does AWD dyno. Finish line performance. They quoted me two pulls on the dyno for 110$. I have no idea if that is a good price. It is about an hour away from me but that's no big deal!

I am waiting for a call back from Sutton Ford regarding the dyno. In the meantime, I have found a place in Naperville, IL that does AWD dyno. Finish line performance. They quoted me two pulls on the dyno for 110$. I have no idea if that is a good price. It is about an hour away from me but that's no big deal!

What are you looking to have done

I just want them to do a before and after.
Before the tuner from Ecoboost performance and Torrie and the airaid intake. Then the after. I don't want them to actually do anything.

Sutton ford only has a 2WD dyno.

ORDERED!

Time to wake up this sleeping giant!

Looking forward to seeing if you can feel the difference with the butt dyno !!

I happen to have an all wheel drive butt dyno too! Only mod Im adding to the tune is the 170 stat. No plugs no downpipe at this time.

10:04 am paypal sends me a confirmation on my sct order
11:22am UPS My Choice Delivery Alert is sent
Im impressed already!

Thanks Mike/Torrie!

I was talking to Torrie yesterday and happened to ask him about the guys that have been waiting on SCT... His response:

It depends on your strategy, some are in the database and tuned already. Otherwise its on the list to be added.

Sounds like progress.
Any update from those that were waiting?

I was talking to Torrie yesterday and happened to ask him about the guys that have been waiting on SCT... His response:

Sounds like progress.
Any update from those that were waiting?

No update.Day 23

I have emailed Tim from SCT and he'll give us some feedback on Tuesday.
I need your strategy so I can ask him specifically about that.
I wish I could make SCT go faster and I wasn't aware they weren't ready with all the strategies, again my apologies on my side for not knowing.

It looks like I will have my tune(s) for my sct X4 today. Torrie and I have been exchanging emails this past week. I will let you know how it goes.

Happy 4th.

Buzz

Tune installed. Very happy. Shifting is excellent. Throttle response impressive. Gonna data log and have Torrie juice me up with his extreme tune next week. Current tune is a high performance 93 tune with 180 degree t-stat. Installing the 170 t-stat maybe on Monday. I already had Torrie send me a tune for that simple mod so the explorer doesnt throw codes at me.

Ill keep you informed on how it goes.

Buzz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome, I am so glad to hear it!
Let us know how it goes, pre-post dynos would be freaking awesome! :)

Back