Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I've risen from the dead and am working on the ranger, between other people's projects, but it is slowly coming along. I'm trying to get it ready to race by June if the Paisley 400 ends up happening in Oregon. I'm working on a spare tire carrier right now, and when that is done I am going to chop out the bed, mount my fuel cell and go to town on caging the beast up with 2" and 1.75" DOM. I'm building some sliders and bumpers for a Toyota Landcruiser, then doing a full longtravel build on a Sporttrac, then after that the Ranger can get some more attention :D

start of tire carrier
PC180423.jpg

PC180428.jpg

swingy hold down thing
P1020038.jpg

32-gal Jaz fuel cell :cool:
cell.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That is so hawt its hurting my eyes. Where you been?

Shoot. I've been around just busy with work and all that good stuff. Bought me a tow rig tho. 05 Dodge 2500 Cummins 6spd manual 4x4 with a few bells and whistles :) Finally sold the exploder to a friend down in Oregon that is going to continue the build so that is good. Looking forward to advancements on the ranger soon, and I will be sure to start up a new thread for the sport trac I will be building in a few weeks...$9k in parts and ticking:D

Some eye candy :)

Did a little work this weekend outside of supporting America's fine breweries...tire carrier is done and I began tearing the bed off. Will finish that during the week before I go to work at 3pm and aim to start working on mounting the fuel cell this weekend. Will be nice to drop that uglyass stock tank.

Oops...damn rogue bouncy spare tires lol
P2190056.jpg

P2190058.jpg

P2200062.jpg

P2200063.jpg

Great work man, I love the front bumper and rear bed cage!!

this is one of the sickest rangers ive ever seen. Nice work on the suspension. I like the tire carrier, i need a ranger!!

Can I get a part number or website to where you purchased all your brake line accessories for your rear 8.8?

I am currently doing a swap now and really like the stainless braided stuff you bought and installed on your axle.

Thanks!

Any current action pics? Have any issues with the DBR kit at all? Been thinking about one for my truck.

Time for the good ole' TWO YEAR BUMP!!:eek: Got a bit too busy with house stuff, GF, work, must be getting OLD.

Got tired of weedwhacking around the ranger so decided to bring her inside for a cage, 4-link, drivetrain swap, etc.

link1_zpsd986d93e.jpg

link2_zps0d9edfbc.jpg

link3_zps760d0cdb.jpg

link4_zps6d1dc7d6.jpg

link5_zps8eee4927.jpg

link6_zps9b8aad15.jpg

link7_zps37be8b8d.jpg

link8_zpsf1b891ed.jpg

photo2_zpsf2ec14ac.jpg

photo1_zps54d107f8.jpg

photo3_zps0c942b1f.jpg

photo4_zps7b7753ba.jpg

photo5_zpscf689147.jpg

:D

Lookin' good Josh, nice to see you're still at it:thumbsup:

where did you get those front fenders from exactly?! i have a 98 expy and was looking to get some like that but couldnt find anyone to actually reply with some details.

The fenders are made by Fiberwerx. You could check http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/ too.

Well I've made a little progress on the Ranger since last time I posted lol...Still nowhere close to being completed but still moving slowly in the right direction. This stuff is pricey! :eek::D

aqynuzyh.jpg

4054a652ea14d390a30c20be25729ead.jpg

5d9b846a5ee5beddbc5c5af3b835d7f6.jpg

the pup in the second pictures is hilarious :D !! Nice to see some progress on the ranger. Running Baja with that thing?

His name is Ranger :rangertan::D:bounce:

Baja is the ultimate goal but I plan to start more local and gradually work my way South through NV and CA :)

Saving $$$ for LS1, 4L80E and Atlas currently :D

We need a shop and equipment tour. I think you've acquired a lot more stuff since Chico.

Back