BuffaloXplorer

The X had to go!
Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Impala SS
My SeaFoam DeepCreep experience...

A couple weeks ago, i decided to do some routine component cleaning (iac, maf, iat, etc.). When i went into the house to get the Electrical parts cleaner i noticed that i still had a full can of SeaFoam Deep Creep, so i decided it was time to use it. I had used the liquid seafoam through the BBline and TB before with very little smoke and very little after effect.

With the engine warm & off, I disconnected the intake tube (had to get the MAF off anyway) and sprayed a healthy amount (2/3 can) of DeepCreep into the intake. I let it sit for the 7-8 minutes that it took to remove, clean & reinstall the MAF & put the intake back together.

When i went to restart it i had a heart attack - it wouldn't stay on. I thought i had hydrolocked the engine :eek: . Tried it a 3rd & 4th time, this time staying on the gas to keep it running. It finally fired up and after 10 seconds of 75% throttle, and TONS of smoke, it stayed on on its own. Because i was upwind, i couldn't stay to shoot a pic - i got smoked right out of the driveway! The neighbors had considered running over with a hose b/c they thought i had set it on fire :D . The exhaust was so thick and white - I wish i could have gotten a better pic.

Here's the best i could do - a shot out of the tailgate while i drove down the street. This smokescreen stayed for about 10 minutes of continuous driving. Sorry for the poor quality, but it's a camera phone pic...the big blur in the middle is the smoke pouring from the tailpipe...

2524304-19-05_1612.jpg

It definitely felt smoother after the deep creep, but 2 days later, cylinder #2 started misfiring something fierce. It has since cleared up - guessing it was a bit of nastiness from the cleaning corrupting the plug. Overall, i think i'll use the deep creep from now on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the liquid stuff you're supposed to use 1/3 can (about 5-6oz), while the engine is on and working the throttle to keep it from dying. Then you shut it down, wait 5 mins, and then start it up (hopefully ;)) - with the deepcreep you spray it in with engine warm & off, let it sit 5 min or so and (cross your fingers ;)) start it up.

I was hesitant to trythe liquid into the BB line when i first used it...all the threads with others having hydrolock problems scared the **** outta me. I bit the bullet and did it one day. It's a little unnerving but all in all, if you follow the directions and only use the amount stated, you should be fine with the liquid. Deepcreep is less work and seemingly more effective.

ok, so if this stuff cleans as good as everyone says, and i admit i am tempted to try, where is all the nasty gunk and stuff all go, it can't disappear?

It shoots RIGHT into your CAT!

Actually, i'm sure some if the gunk does get caught up in the cat, but the excessive heat likely causes it to further degrade & vaporize. No one here has complained that SeaFoam killed their cat...yet.

seafoam says its safe to use on vehicle with cats...... i used it the other day and it smoked all over the place, gave a code 300 misfiring on al cylinders..... after it got back to a decent idle, i reset the code and was all good to go....

DeepCreep rules. I use it to feed into the carbs of our lawn care equipment periodically, but its also much easier to get into the TBs/carb of our cars.

Good stuff.

[Off my own topic]

Hey Jim - aren't li'l girls wonderful? I've got 3 little ladies of my own, 9, 8 & 16mos - couldn't care less if i ever got a boy! Jennifer's beautiful, man! Here's my youngest:

25243DSCF2058-med.jpg

Back