Seafoam How To Video

jlsparky7

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Woodhaven, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 XLT AWD
Here is my Seafoam how to. Enjoy. Click the link im my signature to check out my other how to's.

ATTN MODS: Rick and I thought it would be a good idea to "double post" some of my how to's in different sections because a majority of them apply to more than just the 1996 stock explorer.

Rick, if im misunderstanding what you meant go ahead and do what you need to do with these under the hood how to's. Not that im giving you permission or anything cause I know you dont need it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seafoam & Radiator flush

Hi,
Thanks for your videos. Nothing like seeing video on a how to. Words always can be interpreted different than the actual meaning. I've had that seafoam sitting on my workbench for a couple of years and never felt confident on the application of it. I'll have to send my wife away so she doesn't see the smoke coming out of her exhaust. She'd freak out...Keep the camera rolling.

Thanks, Mark

Hi,
Thanks for your videos. Nothing like seeing video on a how to. Words always can be interpreted different than the actual meaning. I've had that seafoam sitting on my workbench for a couple of years and never felt confident on the application of it. I'll have to send my wife away so she doesn't see the smoke coming out of her exhaust. She'd freak out...Keep the camera rolling.

Thanks, Mark

Glad the vid helped you. Seafoam is some amazing stuff. Definitely dont be affraid to give it a shot. Its much easier than it looks.

Thanks for watching, I will definitely shoot more vids.

cant you put it through a vacuum line?

yah but ur supossted to drive it hard after u foam it

i have used seafoam for years as a fuel additive. what benefit do you get from adding to your oil?

After the Seafoam has cleaned some of the crud out of the engine intake system, it has to pass thru the Cat's. Wondering if this will clog the Cat's prematurely. :scratch:

I don't know how much of the varnish it will remove with one treatment. It would be nice to see b4 and after results on the upper intake ports, of this "cleaning" treatment.

Think you could pour it in to the intake after the MAF and let it clean the TB? Since I removed the resonators in my intake, I now have a nice plug that can be removed easily. I cleaned the TB when I took it off to mod the gasket, but inside the intake was nasty.

Think you could pour it in to the intake after the MAF and let it clean the TB? Since I removed the resonators in my intake, I now have a nice plug that can be removed easily. I cleaned the TB when I took it off to mod the gasket, but inside the intake was nasty.

You could do it that way but your better off removing the throttle body and cleaning it with some carb cleaner. Watch my removing the intake video. www.youtube.com/jlsparky7

You could do it that way but your better off removing the throttle body and cleaning it with some carb cleaner. Watch my removing the intake video.

I cleaned the TB when I took it off to do the TB Mod, but what I meant was, immediately after the TB, there was a fine black coating inside the intake. I am planning to use some of the Sea Foam pulled in with the brake booster vacuum line, but I was wondering if that stuff would be able to get down that far.

Thanks for the response!

I cleaned the TB when I took it off to do the TB Mod, but what I meant was, immediately after the TB, there was a fine black coating inside the intake. I am planning to use some of the Sea Foam pulled in with the brake booster vacuum line, but I was wondering if that stuff would be able to get down that far.

Thanks for the response!

More than likely the seafoam will not work that far up the air intake.

I thought u cant add seafoam in the brake booster vac line since it only feeds 1 side of the intake...

any broader intake cleaning for the 94 guide ? egr ---intake points--- anything under the plenum I see places to drill out plugs on some cars for the passages

Back