• Register Today It's free!

How to video

KyBucks10

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Here is a how to video that I did for getting into the cluster of my 95 Ranger. I got a lot of help off this forum on how to get into the cluster so I wanted to give back and actually make a video on how to do it all. I will be posting up another video on youtube soon on how to actually get to the cluster of my Ranger. I will put that in this thread as well.

Thanks for all of the help, guys!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA_n-5bVxyE&list=UUb8WraGmFhGO3Rj-joV7jrw&index=1&feature=plcp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Vids

Nice work- effort greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

One thing I'd add, is maybe add "Explorer" to the tags on your youtube video, it will show up in searches as well, since they're the same...

Also- for the non-manuals, you'd have to remove the shift indicator from the cluster, but let 'em figure that out when they get in there, you've gotten them that far... :D

Nice work- effort greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

One thing I'd add, is maybe add "Explorer" to the tags on your youtube video, it will show up in searches as well, since they're the same...

Also- for the non-manuals, you'd have to remove the shift indicator from the cluster, but let 'em figure that out when they get in there, you've gotten them that far... :D

I put Explorer in the tags already but good call on the shift indicator! I went in and added an annotation just now to pop up about the time you are pulling the cluster.

Thanks!

Good vids!

Thanks for those videos! It made what I thought was going to be an ordeal a cinch!
One thing I discovered when I did mine. My trucks a 1997 Ranger. Once I got that speedo section off, I realized I wouldn't have to remove the speedo needle. Tell me if this is the same on your 1995: When you flip the section over and are looking at the back of it, the little motor that has the gear on it has two metal ears on it. If you look closely, (my old eyes needed to use my magnifier googles :() you can see how the motor locks into the plastic housing. I took a pair of slip joint pliers and placed them against those metal ears and GENTLY rotated them to the open side of the housing. It popped right out! Unplug the wiring harness and you can pull it right out. Went back in just as easily.
Does yours sound like it would be the same?
The wife is making a 1200 mile round trip next week so we'll see if it going to last.

Thanks for those videos! It made what I thought was going to be an ordeal a cinch!
One thing I discovered when I did mine. My trucks a 1997 Ranger. Once I got that speedo section off, I realized I wouldn't have to remove the speedo needle. Tell me if this is the same on your 1995: When you flip the section over and are looking at the back of it, the little motor that has the gear on it has two metal ears on it. If you look closely, (my old eyes needed to use my magnifier googles :() you can see how the motor locks into the plastic housing. I took a pair of slip joint pliers and placed them against those metal ears and GENTLY rotated them to the open side of the housing. It popped right out! Unplug the wiring harness and you can pull it right out. Went back in just as easily.
Does yours sound like it would be the same?
The wife is making a 1200 mile round trip next week so we'll see if it going to last.

You got me out of the bed to do take a look at my spare cluster. ;) I never thought about that whenever I did mine. However whenever I played around with the spare just now, it kind of made a nasty popping sound when I twisted it like that. I thought I broke off one of the tabs, but I didn't. Not sure if I made a small crack or not, but it did come right out! If if worked for you, then thats great because adjusting that needle to the right speed was really annoying. I had to pull it, and put it back maybe 5 or six times to make tiny adjustments so that my speed was correct.

Im glad I could help you out! Just PM me if you have any more questions. I don't get on this site everyday, and I just happened to stumble across my thread.

Thanks!!

Back